Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED RECOMMENDATION ON MUSIC READER APP FOR IOS DEVICES e.g. I-PAD

Default NEED RECOMMENDATION ON MUSIC READER APP FOR IOS DEVICES e.g. I-PAD

I know this is not a NEW topic but technology change everyday , I hope its OK to revisit again.

I am hoping to get updated recommendation on what is the best app to display sheet music from PDF format. My needs are very basic :

1) auto page turning that includes returning to previous page when needed for repeat sections

2) capability to zoom , rotate to landscape or portrait mode

OPTIONAL

3) metronome that can scroll your music according to the timing.

I actually prefer page turning over scrolling as scrolling can be hard on the eyes.

I owned AutoFlap. It was wonderful but the creators never updated the app. It is no longer opened with the new iOS system. I lost all my sheet music and back to cluttering my desk with printed sheets.

I also own ONSong. It is created for professional musicians. It is way too complicated and the scrolling made me dizzy. All I really want is simple app.

I don't want to waste any more money on poorly designed app so I like to hear your experience and recommendation. Thank you !
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

The best PDF reader, hands down, is forScore. You can do all that you want. Feel free to send me a message if you get it and need help!
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

I use ForScore and like it. I was hoping to hear other recommendations, just out of curiosity. For books of music, I use PDF Expert. ForScore does everything, and it's great, but has its quirks. Sometimes I wish it did less, more simply.
    Tiny Tenor TT-SM 5028
    Enya X1 soprano
    Kiwaya KTC-2

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    I use ForScore and like it. I was hoping to hear other recommendations, just out of curiosity. For books of music, I use PDF Expert. ForScore does everything, and it's great, but has its quirks. Sometimes I wish it did less, more simply.
    I am trying to find a comparison of ForScore to OnSong! ForSore is just as expensive as OnSong now. I have OnSong just afraid it’s the same kind of complicated app.
    Downloaded SongBook. Don’t think it does auto flap
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    The best PDF reader, hands down, is forScore. You can do all that you want. Feel free to send me a message if you get it and need help!
    I wonder if it’s similiar to OnSong. Thanks
    Brenda

In my opinion, forScore is better than OnSong, but the Android/Windows 10 app MobileSheets Pro is better than both by far. The developer, Mike Zuber is planning an iOS version, but not soon. I'm biding my time on a 13.5 inch Windows 10 tablet until the iOS version comes out so I can switch to the superior iPad Pro 12.9 inch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 01-11-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    In my opinion, forScore is better than OnSong, but the Android/Windows 10 app MobileSheets Pro is better than both by far. The developer, Mike Zuber is planning an iOS version, but not soon. I'm biding my time on a 13.5 inch Windows 10 tablet until the iOS version comes out so I can switch to the superior iPad Pro 12.9 inch.
    Have you tried using it with a laptop computer? I'm so frustrated with the iOS file management, and I don't have a large screen iPad, so although it's better than carrying a bunch of binders, using ForScore is frustrating in many other ways.
    Tiny Tenor TT-SM 5028
    Enya X1 soprano
    Kiwaya KTC-2

I started with Goodreader. It's a basic app that lets you make annotations and you can create folders, etc.

I then went to Onsong so that I could use a page turner. It had amazing capabilities that were not used by me. But basic annotations were a pain.

I ended up realizing that I will reorganize any two-pagers into one-pagers as soon as I identify them, so I didn't need the page turner. Which meant that I could go back to Goodreader. I'm still very happy with it, because it's just what I need. Basic PDF management. I don't know about the metronome.

Oh, and switching all of your songs from one program to another, and back, was a huge pain. Airdrop could have helped, if I had a second ipad.
    If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten,
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing! - Eric Idle

Is ForScore a flipping pages app or scrolling ?
    Brenda

Forscore flips pages.
    Also allows you to annotate your music pages, and design stamps, (I created a Uke chord box which I then annotate with dots for finger positions.)
    Auto page turns/metronome, iirc if you tell Forescore the number of beats per page it will auto turn pages, metronome can be sound or flashing border to the page.
    Use mine with a bluetooth page turner.
    Works great for me.
    h

Thread Information