Season 308 of the Ukulele

A hit in 1969 in Germany. Erik Silvester's "Zucker im Kaffee". Some failures with the tricky percussion and using my new cheapo and looooooong fretted baritone, did say "KISS": keep it simple, stupid!
So a single track of a song I know and like since nearly 50 years:

Here's an original written for this Season. This is called "Orange Pineapple Juice". My memory isn't what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure that in my early 20s, I did order straight sloe gin at a bar at least once.

I learned something while writing this song: I'd learned a few years ago that 5500 was an easy way to voice an Fmaj7. But I didn't realize until yesterday that if I move it up one fret to 6600, that's an F#m7.

Lyrics:

I was an angry youth
Searching for elusive truth
Drinking my screwdriver made with orange pineapple juice

Glass tapping on my tooth
Saying lots and lots of sooth

Lean into me, climb aboard
We’ll gather up wisdom as it’s poured

At a bar with Ruth
Laughing, sitting in a booth
Drinking sloe gin straight ‘cause they don’t have orange pineapple juice

Disheveled and uncouth
Don’t talk to me about vermouth
I want a screwdriver made with orange pineapple juice

To make the mental leap
And have a thought so deep
Requires that I keep
Some coolant in my brain

Lean into me, climb aboard
We’ll gather up wisdom as it’s poured

I was an angry youth
Searching for elusive truth

Here's an original written for this Season. This is called "Orange Pineapple Juice". My memory isn't what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure that in my early 20s, I did order straight sloe gin at a bar at least once.

I learned something while writing this song: I'd learned a few years ago that 5500 was an easy way to voice an Fmaj7. But I didn't realize until yesterday that if I move it up one fret to 6600, that's an F#m7.

Holy cow! That's some knowledge I can really use! Thanks!

Ah, Season 308, I couldn’t remember when I made the video this evening. Anyway, here’s my entry. Haven’t done any music for a long long time. My fingers hurt I played the uke so much. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Feels good.

So the season has been over for some hours now, and we got:

- 38 covers
- 21 original songs
- 3 milkshakes!

I will give you a day or two to catch up before I make the wrap - up.

Feel free to watch and comment the others videos!

So, I finally made the wrap-up!

I have mixed the wrap-up and shortlists a bit, just to mix it up, so it is a wrap-up-playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjGqiWnN3Jl9_-4Y0mZToCTRH3ORghhd7

I will make a wrap-up-text-post later on.

Except for the first category, which I had decided to do before hosting, and which required some research, all nominations for prizes were made on totally unfair, subjective, biased reasons, that was there in the moment - so I might have chosen some other nominees or categories any other day. They were whatever just spoke to me at the time, be it for idea, effort, soundproduction or whatnot.
So don't take it personally if I didn't pick your video, it was still awesome!

All nominations for prizes were made on totally unfair, subjective, biased reasons, that was there in the moment - so I might have chosen some other nominees or categories any other day. They were whatever just spoke to me at the time, be it for idea, effort, soundproduction or whatnot.
So don't take it personally if I didn't pick your video, it was still awesome!

I love this Host Disclaimer. I might steal it when I host! Great Season!

I just finished the Wrap-Up Playlist. It's brilliant! Bravo!

Last edited:
Great idea to nominate the people who take the time to comment on every video! Definitely needs more recognition in the seasons, just wish I had more time to do it myself.

Fantastic Season and concept for the Wrap, Viking! What a great Season this was. Congratulations to you and all who imbibed! :)

I love this Host Disclaimer. I might steal it when I host! Great Season!

I just finished the Wrap-Up Playlist. It's brilliant! Bravo!

Ya gotta love a host that admits to being totally unfair at the start! I for one greatly respect that! lol

Just now getting caught up a bit on 308! Fantastic Season, congrats to the winners, and kudos to Uking Viking. You really put a tremendous amount of effort into hosting, and especially your wrap-ups! Well Done, Bravo, and many thanks for such a memorable Season.

FABULOUS wrap-up experience! it was a bit like eurovision! oh how i wish they decided that with a roll of the dice, we might win!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

thank you for hosting such a great week!

I am embarrassed to admit that I have been postponing shipping the mugs for a while, excusing myself with addresses I had not yet recieved.

I only just pulled myself together to push for the last addresses and get little cardboard boxes etc.
Now I read about what to put on the boxes, and I realize that shipping is not as straight forward as I though.

I hope someone can help me out.

- When sending a mug in a cardboardbox to the US - do I need to write something about the mug being a gift, and about how much it is worth, etc, or can I just mail it? If they X-ray it, I assume the neglible value will be obvious. If I write something, where do I write it?

- Danish mailing-cardboard-boxes have the recipient address in the upper left corner of the front, the sender on the side of the box. If the standard is the recipient in the lower center of the boxes, will that confuse mail handlers elsewhere?

- Are there special rules about taping the boxes shut?

Top Bottom