Season 308 of the Ukulele

So, this song checks off a lot of boxes for me. Done as a duet by Jimmy C Newman and Carol Channing. Double check there! Huge Jimmy C fan, and I had a giant crush on Carol Channing in the 70's, and the one time I revealed that to people it got horrified gasps and really strange looks my way....I loved her though. She did a few duet country albums in the late 70's. This was written by Tom T Hall, Check. And I like it's never revealed what "Alligator milk" actually is, though I strongly suspect it contains booze. It's a fairly obscure song, check. And I'm glad I was finally able to sorta pull off the picking part of it. I tried to work this up a good while back, and couldn't get the licks down, and got frustrated with it and gave up. Now, I kinda can do it, so I guess that means I'm advancing some picking wise, that can be difficult to tell sometimes in the moment. Plus it's just kinda weird, and I like it. Checkmate! lol

Unlike the other gifted songwriters here, I'm not very good at writing about specific things, I have to go a bit lateral with the theme. So I think I'll lose points for being "on topic" but still. Done in a bit of a rush because I'll be in Germany this week for work, with no uke to hand.

Whisky made me think of Stanhope from 'Journey's End', particularly with it being the centenary of the final year of WW1 this year.

8SMzL93.jpg

Just to bring the mood back up, I considered doing one about tea but realised I couldn't improve on this advert:

Which demonstrates a typical day in my office with uncanny accuracy.

Sparky

So, this song checks off a lot of boxes for me. Done as a duet by Jimmy C Newman and Carol Channing. Double check there! Huge Jimmy C fan, and I had a giant crush on Carol Channing in the 70's, and the one time I revealed that to people it got horrified gasps and really strange looks my way....I loved her though. She did a few duet country albums in the late 70's. This was written by Tom T Hall, Check. And I like it's never revealed what "Alligator milk" actually is, though I strongly suspect it contains booze. It's a fairly obscure song, check. And I'm glad I was finally able to sorta pull off the picking part of it. I tried to work this up a good while back, and couldn't get the licks down, and got frustrated with it and gave up. Now, I kinda can do it, so I guess that means I'm advancing some picking wise, that can be difficult to tell sometimes in the moment. Plus it's just kinda weird, and I like it. Checkmate! lol

I've never seen/heard any of Carol Channing's works. So whenever I see her name my mind is drawn to Ryan Stiles' many impressions of her on Who's Line

LOL! Never seen the Carol Channing impressions before! Hilarious. She was best known for playing the lead in "Hello Dolly" for a long and successful run in the 60's. She's still alive! 96 years old.

Here's a cover first. I'll do an original later in the week. I found a happy country song about wine, so I thought I'd better do it, since happy country songs about alcoholic beverages tend to be fairly rare.

Well my old Mac is finally on its last legs.
Been crashing nearly everyday and now the display is starting to go wrong. Sigh.
Certainly not a Champagne drinker....
Last for me as I'm not going near Milkshake....

Has UU finally changed so we can post more than one vid like Sparky has done in a single post?
Or, did you do something special to get that to happen?

308-cover

The Three Little Birds cocktail is another drink created by Adam Kanter for the annual Bob Marley celebration at Rum Bar in Philadelphia. It is a sweet, tropical cooler that highlights three Jamaican rums, lime, pineapple and passion fruit syrup.

My choice of drink comes courtesy of Oasis ..............

Digital Nomad Blues

Original: No alcohol was consumed during the making of this video.

Sadly no alcohol was consumed during the making of this video either, so there's no excuse. :)

Top Bottom