Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 308 of the Ukulele

confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers, New York

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    If you have not allready, make sure to listen to the playlists! There are some great entrys.
    I finished listening to all the covers so far and it was a good listen.

Tomorrow, on to the originals!

Mainland Red Cedar Concert, Mango Tenor
    Boulder Creek RipTides: UB-2N spruce-top baritone, UT-5NS tenor, UT-11NS acacia-top tenor, UC-5NS concert

One question - can the recording be something I've finished but the video is new? I have an original song that features terrible, terrible coffee that'd be great for this week!
    New EP "Epiphanies" on Bandcamp - iTunes - Amazon - Spotify

Thanks for hosting Uking Viking!

"Tasty Beverage" Cover song ~ Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett.

Quote Originally Posted by linear View Post
    One question - can the recording be something I've finished but the video is new? I have an original song that features terrible, terrible coffee that'd be great for this week!
    I am not sure I understand the question.
    Original songs des not have to be written this week, you can just make a new recording.
    If you want to mix an elaborate multitrack you have allready made with new video, I guess that it is not the intention, but it depends on whether we would know. If you put it on youtube before, somewhere seasonistas might have heard it, dont. If not, fake it and dont tell us...

Edit:
    The previous was written on my phone this morning, perhaps it is a bit unclear, but when I was trying to say is:
    If the audio track has not been "Published" on youtube before, I will accept it as "new".
    But the video still has to say that it is for this season.
    Last edited by UkingViking; 01-11-2018 at 05:52 AM.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

My entry for Season 308 is a Cover song, a cool song called "Cool Water" by Bob Nolan ..

Cheers , thanks for hosting the season Ukeing Viking .. Happy Ukeing
    Last edited by Dean Beaver; 01-11-2018 at 06:36 AM.

A homemade song about green soft drink which tastes of tarragon - "Tarhun". It is the most colorful thing I remember from my childhood.

I studied Bev's songwriting tips, and the House Cat seemed to like the result:

I've had two major spells of song writing where I wrote maybe five or six songs in a short period that I was pretty happy with. First was back in 2009/2010 when I'd just left school, hadn't found a job yet and had nothing better to do.

Second was in 2013 when I'd moved out of my dad's place and had some privacy to hash out some ideas.

This is from that second period although it describes events from 2011. A lot of people here know I used to live in Sydney before moving back to the UK. Well in 2011 I went back for a visit. Mainly to go out clubbing with my friends from over there because I moved back before I was 18.

This song is basically my only drinking story worth telling. It was my last night before going back home, I was out with my best mate, whose house I was also staying At, he thought I'd pulled and he hadn't, so he left me to it. Turns out I hadn't pulled, it was three in the morning, there were no buses and I didn't have enough cash on me for a cab. So I phoned my mate up, he was already home, and I was too drunk to understand his directions home. So I ended up walking the bus route, which drunk me neglected to remember went up a dual carriageway. Luckily a patrol car caught me stumbling along the middle of it and took me back to my mates house. That was not a fun flight back to England the next day.

(This was originally written on guitar but I can't remember how i played it so I've redone it this morning)
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by linear View Post
    If our hosts reply isn't clear, Neil, just re-record it, say its for Season 308, & you're good to go.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Default Only 346 shopping days to go

I was going to submit a cover of Tim Spencer's "Cigareetes & Whusky & Wild, Wild Women", but then I remembered this from Essex's very own Jules Everest: at least 17 different varieties of booze mentioned; and at least 25 named brands!

Beverage/Brand
    Absinthe
    Beer
    Becks
    Budweiser
    Newcastle Brown
    Special Brew
    Bourbon
    Jack Daniels
    Brandy
    Cider
    Babycham
    Koppaberg
    Strongbow
    Cocktails
    Margarita
    Gin
    Tanqueray
    Grappa
    Liqueurs
    Advocaat
    Baileys
    Curaçao
    Jägermeister
    Malibu
    Martini
    Pernod
    Sambuca
    WKD
    Ouzo
    Port
    Rum
    Bacardi
    Captain Morgan
    Scotch
    Bells
    Drambuie
    Famous Grouse
    Glenfiddich
    Sherry
    Tequila
    Vodka
    Wine
    Champagne
    Lambrini
    Red
    Last edited by redpaul1; 01-12-2018 at 04:04 AM.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Polar Seltzer is a cult favorite in Massachusetts, so I had to write a song about it.

Thread Information