Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Season 308 of the Ukulele

My second song was also inspired by my visit to Rome. While there, I made a personal pilgrimage to the room where one of my favourite poets, John Keats, died. I was struck by how the poet must have been dying in a point of the city at which life flowed on so vividly outside up and down the Spanish steps, perhaps a little less crowded in his time, but I am guessing not a lot. I wrote the last lines of the chorus on inspiration in the visitors' book. My flu then got really deadly and I found myself overly sympathising with the dying poet within hours. Over the next few days, I kind of mapped out the verses, but in note form. My creative juices were dried up by my high temperatures.

Back home in Catalonia, as I slowly began to recover, I managed to finally synthesise the notes I had written into verses and a tune came to me almost immediately. I recorded it yesterday in a burst of energy, that has slightly subsided today, sadly.

But anyway, here it is. I hope enough people get to hear it, because I am proud of this one.

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

With just about one day and a half to go of the theme, I will make a small adjustment ot the song limits.

Since the number of songs has not been as high as I expected, and since Bernie happened to come up with two originals (one of which is surely a cover of his own song...), I will allow doing an original in stead of a cover or vice versa during the last day. But of you post a third song after posting two non-milkshake-songs, it still has to be milkshake!

If you wrote an original and would rather have done an extra cover song on the last day...
    Well, I am not sorry, because what you made was awesome!
    We have had all good originals this week! And I am surprised to see how many originals compared to cover songs we have had.

If you are done with your contributions, still remember to listen to those last entries - those are from the seasonistas who practiced the most!
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

cant beleive nobody did this one.Am i getting old?

This is a song called "Fresh Coffee" by some friends of mine who record as Soundscape Rebellion.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Beaver View Post
    Big Phil , I would suggest you check your emails from YouTube , you might find your cover song is temporarily blocked until you acknowledge copyright of the owner. A lot of song owners are happy to allow you to publish a cover they simply require that you acknowledge its their work. If you have an email it will explain it all you just need to follow the link and read and comply. Basically either way I think YouTube would have notified you you just need to check. Hope that will make it easier for you to follow up anyway
    Yes YouTube did email me but there is no offer to rescind the blocking. The email says they believe I have infringed their copyright and if I agree, I don't need to do anything. They have blocked the video in 108 countries. It does say I can challenge the claim but I'm not planning to pursue any challenge. Seems European countries can still view, I have received a number of comments from across the pond. Thanks for your perspective.
    Big Phil

Moore Bettah 55 VW Tenor
    Ko'Aloha Soprano
    Kanilea K1 Tenor Premium
    Kanilea Concert Hono Premium
    Pono Acacia Baritone
    Gold Tone Concert Banjolele
    Alida Archtop Electric Tenor
    Kala UBass
    Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor
    Philnominal Ukuleles Walnut Tenor
    Islander Guitalele

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Yuck!!!! (I have a real problem with making weak cups of tea for visiting friends and family!)
    yeah, even when i try and make a nice strong cup for people who like their tea to taste of tea, rather than just warm watered-down milk (actually, saying that out loud even makes me feel a bit queasy! lol!!!!!!) i fail dismally!

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    BEV, this one's for you!
    oh wow!!!!!!!! that was so great!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kolibri View Post
    I studied Bev's songwriting tips, and the House Cat seemed to like the result
    me too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalero View Post
    A shout out to Lynda (BEV) for her thumb only down stroke inspiration
    fab!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginas uke View Post
    Hi
    I will have missed a season or two but will return again soon. The loss of my brother has left the family shredded. During this dark time I wrote a song. When the right season comes I will record and post.

Love and peace to all,
    Ciao
    so sorry, gina

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    By the way, "Do you mind if I have some of your tasty beverage" is part of a quote from a movie. Wonder if anyone recognizes which movie... It has a lot of quotes.
    i wondered if it might be a quote, but i dunno what from!
    lynda

Do you mind if I have some of your tasty beverage

Google tells me Pulp Fiction.
    A movie I have never watched.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Do you mind if I have some of your tasty beverage

Google tells me Pulp Fiction.
    A movie I have never watched.
    Its a line Samuel L Jackson says shortly before he and John Travolta shoot up the person to whom the tasty beverage belongs. I heartily recommend it, but I don’t know what your tastes are Pa. You might hate it . It is very quotable. Along with Jackie Brown it’s my favourite of the films of his I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man And His Uke View Post
    Its a line Samuel L Jackson says shortly before he and John Travolta shoot up the person to whom the tasty beverage belongs. I heartily recommend it, but I donít know what your tastes are Pa. You might hate it . It is very quotable. Along with Jackie Brown itís my favourite of the films of his Iíve seen.
    This pretty much sums it up :-)
    "Death Proof" is also pretty good, and a bit overlooked - compared to some of the bigger movies which I don't like as much.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

A little late to the party, but you know what they say...

Russell
    from Queenscliff, near Geelong, near Melbourne, in Australia

Thread Information