Season 308 of the Ukulele

Hello, Mr. Viking (I'm sure I knew your real name, but I can't remember it!) Herewith, a song about tea (which I'd never heard before yesterday). In my case, tea has to be "Yorkshire" and taken black.

Welp, I am not a songwriter, but since this week called for original, here's one I came up with today.

I posted a request for requests on my FB page to help me chose a cover for this week. I'd never heard this song which has been done by many people...

Yesterday, I went out and bought a new USB microphone so I could multitrack. My review of the Audio-technica 2020: Nice sound, very sensitive, but even though there's a headphone jack on the mic itself, there's a very small delay between producing sound and hearing it. This makes multi-tracking a little more difficult. Never had this problem with my old Yeti Blue that broke.

Brian challenged me to keep going in the Seasons, as well as doing the 365 songs, by making sure one song each week fitted the theme. When this week's theme came up, I chuckled to myself, because what was already pencilled in for today?

Here is my entry for covers:

This goes to show you need no talent to write an original.
Maybe it will inspire you to just do it!
And, never take yourself too seriously ;)

Bravo! Love this one!

Lol!
Thank you. No brain cells were killed off in the making of that one. I wrote down the first thing that came to mind and clicked record. Couldn’t have been more than 5 minutes :)

Katzenjammer Adults

Tea With Cinnamon by Katzenjammer.
The group seems to be taking a very long break, last I heard.

Another Bottle of Wine. Song by Tom Paxton which I've been meaning to learn for some time. Had a bit of fun with clip art and video editor. The thumbnail for the video came out quite nicely.

BEV, this one's for you! The first thing I thought of when I saw the theme--it made me laugh very hard when she first did it, and it certainly fits the theme, so here's a tribute to one of my favorite seasonistas!

SOTU 307: CHUG - A - LUG - baritone ukulele cover by Dennis Danner

Been wanting to do Roger Miller's "Chug-a-lug" for quite sometime. It gave me a good opportunity to attempt more things with multi-tracking, and I added some very weak cajon and my cigar-box ukulele bass to the mix.

Home-made wine and moonshine are the specificbeverages of this one! Hope you enjoy it:

Top Bottom