Luna Vintage Mahogany Soprano Satin Black

aien89

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Any opinions on the new Luna Vintage Mahogany Soprano series? spruce, satin black, satin red etc?

How is it compared to Kala Ka-s?

I also comes with Aquila strings.

Furthermore, has anyone tried to new Fender Venice Soprano? Looks amazing.

All the best.

Several people in my ukulele group have them and like them. I have a Luna solid spruce top concert and it has a nice ringing tone. The Aquilas sound nice on it, but the next string change will be to my go-to Martin M600's.

I've owned Luna and Kala. Luna isn't even in the same league. Get a Kala. More bang for your buck!

I think Luna, like all brands, is trying to improve their product and expand their line. They are the same company as Dean. Luna was originally intended to be marketed towards women, but surprise! The designs appealed across gender bias and Luna certainly has more of a following than Dean.

In general, the Luna ukuleles I have played have been decently built instruments—but generally laminated that can be outplayed by other laminates. You either love their design features, or you don’t.

The one thing to be aware of is rough fret ends on the ukuleles....something common to many ukuleles (particularly if stored in a dry climate), but certainly true of the instruments I have played from Luna and Dean.

Many people that own them love them—and that’s what it is all about. If you are looking for the classic look more than a Luna, check out the Ohana offerings at Uke Republic and Mim’s, and then check out Mainland ukuleles. I’m not siren what Kala has in that sort of instrument right now.

Top Bottom