Nasty bug/uke in hospital!

Nickie

Reaction score
No, I'm not the one in the hospital, but that's what I call the luthier shop when my uke is sick. The day after I took it in for intonation work, I caught a nasty bug.
I've gotten laryngitis, and we have a gig Saturday evening. I'm one of three singers. Right now I sound like a bull alligator.
And we have a meeting tomorrow with Corey Bergman, so I can't exactly keep my mouth shut.
Any hints? I'm trying to be quiet, drink lots of throat coat tea. Cough drops have become my candy. The post nasal drainage is copious, but intermittent. It causes a lot of sneezing and coughing.
At least the timing seems good, I don't feel much like playing....

In an empty tea bag, put 1/2 tsp each of ground cloves, thyme and turmeric. Steep it together with a bag of green tea, then add lemon and honey, and drink slowly. Hope you and your uke feel better soon!

bratsche

Thanks everyone!
Starting to feel better, actually went to a 4 hour meeting yesterday and didn't fall asleep!

Include this song in your set list-Its not the cough that carries you off its the coffin they carry you off in...

Ha ha Larry, I'm still here. But I am coughing up copious amounts of snot. I don't have to say mucous anymore, I'm not a nurse now.
My dear little uke is out of the LoPrinzi shop now, what a difference. And I love the Worth Clear strings on it.

... But I am coughing up copious amounts of snot...

Mucinex and Vick's Vapo Rub always worked for me. Sometimes also adding Flonase or similar nasal spray helps too.

Hope you feel better!

Thanks everyone.
I'm all better now. For whatever that's worth.
Now I'm juggling World Ukulele Day concert, club picnic coming up, and songs and volunteers for a children's hospital.
Donna LoPrinzi made my uke a lot more enjoyable to play.
She wouldn't even let me pay her.
What a cool lady. We're so lucky to have her in our town!

Aloha Nickie, I hear on the news Hawaiʻi the only state not effected by the flu epidemic on the Mainland. Sometimes having a 2500 mile wide moat is helpful. My cough drop of choice is Fishermanʻs Friends, great at soothing the throat and reducing the need to cough. Give it a try! :shaka:

FF-Extra-Strong.png

Top Bottom