Custom solid-body nylon string MIDI ukulele (Graphtech piezo + Ghost 13-pin)

Dang, had I not just purchased a Compass Rose recently I would be all over this!
Would you be willing to install MIDI stuff on one of my existing ukuleles?

Some background:
When I was a kid (4th grade) I started playing guitar and taking lessons. This was the late 70's and I had plenty of current music I like to play along with.
In the 80's I got into synth music and was bummed out I could not really join in on guitar.
When MIDI guitar appeared in the late 80's / early 90's I really wanted to get one, but I could not afford it.
I kind of stopped playing for a while until I met my wife in 1993.
She is Hawaiian and all her sisters dance hula and so I started getting into playing Hawaiian music, and then started playing ukulele.
Now I pretty much only play ukulele, but I play any and all styles of music.
I would LOVE a MIDI ukulele! Finally be able to come full circle!

Dayne - this looks sweet!

Now, after Christmas I'm broke again, otherwise you'd have my paypal money already.

Fortune has not smiled on me for timing of the sales of your MIDI ukes...

but HOPEFULLY you will find a buyer, since at this price one is basically getting the uke and installation of the GraphTech system for free*.

Good luck with the sale!

* GraphTech MIDI system for classical guitar typically retails betw $300-400, and this looks like one of the higher end Vorson ukes with the chambered body that used to be for sale on americanmusical.com that sold for ~$279 IIRC.

What size is it; Soprano, concert, tenor, baritone?

If memory serves, these were only made as tenor scale, but OP can confirm.

I almost bought one of these Vorson ukes myself, but something came up for which that money was used instead.

For the OP - good luck with the sale!

Top Bottom