WTB: Kala KA-SLNG Long Neck Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uke182

Reaction score
They're all coming with a walnut fretboard and bridge now and I prefer rosewood. Let me know if you have one that you're willing to part with. Thank you!

If you're interested, I have instead the more expensive KA-KSLNG in koa, like new with tags, purchased for a nephew who decided he's not going to learn to play after all. $155 inclusive of shipping. Happy to text photos if you PM me.

EDIT: Oops, I'm not certain how to tell if this is rosewood or walnut. I'm looking at my different ukes and don't see a lot of difference, although a couple show more 'rosy'.
Sorry I can't link a photo, only have my phone and this website doesn't work well. Out of curiosity, is it the feel or the look of rosewood you prefer?

Last edited:
Mahalo for the offer, but I want the less expensive one since it will be my take everywhere uke. And I’m not liking the look of walnut for the fretboard. 😄

Last edited:
Mahalo for the offer, but I want the less expensive one since it will be my take everywhere uke. And I’m not liking the look of walnut for the fretboard. ��

IMO, Kala's walnut fretboards look pale in comparison to their rosewood counterparts. My Kala solid mahogany tenor has this pale walnut fretboard and bridge, and that turned me off at first glance, but I loved the sound. When I changed the strings, I used a little lemon oil on the fretboard and bridge, and it now looks as great as it sounds! If your complaint with walnut is looks only, a little lemon oil might be the solution.

Last edited:
If you're interested, I have instead the more expensive KA-KSLNG in koa, like new with tags, purchased for a nephew who decided he's not going to learn to play after all. $155 inclusive of shipping. Happy to text photos if you PM me.

EDIT: Oops, I'm not certain how to tell if this is rosewood or walnut. I'm looking at my different ukes and don't see a lot of difference, although a couple show more 'rosy'.
Sorry I can't link a photo, only have my phone and this website doesn't work well. Out of curiosity, is it the feel or the look of rosewood you prefer?

PM sent to ukeinfused

Mahalo for the offer, but I want the less expensive one since it will be my take everywhere uke. And I’m not liking the look of walnut for the fretboard. ��

Ok, I'm gonna say it - you are being overly picky for a $100 take everywhere uke. That being said, it is your money and you know what you like, so good luck with the search. :shaka:

I have one which I loved, still do really but it’s unused at the moment. However I’m in the U.K. so the cost and complexity of shipping it to the USA isn’t worth the bother to me at the moment ........ and I hadn’t thought about selling it either. If you really want Rosewood then leave a search on eBay for a SLNG and when one comes up you’ll be notified, I’ve done that with a few items that I wanted and got them in the end.

You're right, I am being picky. LOL.

Ok, I'm gonna say it - you are being overly picky for a $100 take everywhere uke. That being said, it is your money and you know what you like, so good luck with the search. :shaka:

I have found and received the Kala KA-SLNG I've been looking for. Mahalo Pafluke! Effortless transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom