New to this forum—not to the instrument

Mattn

Reaction score
Hi all,

Matt here. I play the uke and guitar. I play the guitar for church stuff—I even use a couple of Ken Middleton “bluegrass” arrangements that I ripped from YouTube...I also play classic rock and swing in groups in the area.

Uke is my favorite. I play for my younger kids everyday at bedtime. I also teach Uke classes at the local college (I have a music degree) and play tenor Uke in a jazz trio. I also do a ukulele singalong at local retirement homes using my Kiwaya KS-4. I also play for the local farmers market.

I am looking forward to connecting with other people who have the ukulele affliction—it can be lonely at times.

Welcome to UU, and thanks for playing for folks in nursing homes. Ukulele often becomes people's fave. I know it's mine!

From Western Oregon

Matt,

Welcome. Where (roughly) are you from? This is always something good to know as ukulele is such a social instrument.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am from Western Oregon. It looks like you are from Minnesota?

--Matt

Hi Matt,
Welcome to the UU Forum. I'm located in the Willamette Valley, which is sort of Western Oregon. There is a ukulele group that gathers in Corvallis on the first Friday of each month, and Salem (just north of Corvallis) is a hotbed of ukulele enthusiasts, with numerous regular gatherings in the area. So if you are anywhere near either of these two areas, there's no need to be lonely. :)
Jan

Top Bottom