Thread: Summertime instrumental on my first tenor

Default Summertime instrumental on my first tenor

Just aquired a Kala KA-TEME laminate.Very easy to play.with a bright tone.Might put a low G on it

Thanks for sharing!

My most played uke is a KA-SEM the soprano version of your uke minus the electronics. Mine is a honey color as yours, they are very pretty to look at and sound quite good. About a month ago I finally put on a low G string and its amazing.
    This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inksplosive AL View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

My most played uke is a KA-SEM the soprano version of your uke minus the electronics. Mine is a honey color as yours, they are very pretty to look at and sound quite good. About a month ago I finally put on a low G string and its amazing.
    thanks for your comment i think a low G should give it more bass

Nice job! I love this song.

Quote Originally Posted by stanat20 View Post
    thanks for your comment i think a low G should give it more bass
    Stan,
    I have been going through the Glen Rose Jazzy Ukulele program. He suggests putting a low g on. I was reluctant at first, but finally did. It does make quite a difference in the overall tone of the song and gives a few lower notes for the chord melody style you(and I) are playing.
    Great rendition of a great song.

Matt
    Mitchell Soprano,
    Kmise "Snail" concert,
    Kala ZCT-S,
    Ohana SK-14E,
    ...where the heck do they keep coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by ash13brook View Post
    Stan,
    I have been going through the Glen Rose Jazzy Ukulele program. He suggests putting a low g on. I was reluctant at first, but finally did. It does make quite a difference in the overall tone of the song and gives a few lower notes for the chord melody style you(and I) are playing.
    Great rendition of a great song.

Matt
    Thanks for your suggestion and your absolutely correct.My ashbury concert has a low G and I love it.I recently purchased 'duets for one' by James Hill which calls for a high G as soon as I've finished studying his arrangements I'm purchasing a low G.Thanks for your comment and thanks for watching

Quote Originally Posted by stanat20 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion and your absolutely correct.My ashbury concert has a low G and I love it.I recently purchased 'duets for one' by James Hill which calls for a high G as soon as I've finished studying his arrangements I'm purchasing a low G.Thanks for your comment and thanks for watching
    Very nice! James Hill's "Duets for One" is a great book. I've been working on "Georgia on My Mind" and am starting on "Summertime."
    Margaret, long-time classical guitarist gone uke crazy
    Concert: Kala ziricote, KA-ZCT-C - gCEA (Worth BM46)
    Tenor: Kala solid mahogany, KA-SMHT - gCEA (Worth BT63)
    Baritone: Kala solid cedar top acacia, KA-ABP-CTG - DGBE (NYL033W, NYL028W, Savarez Alliance KF74 .030", KF62 .024")

Thread Information