Song Help Request Ukulele Wedding March - Ukulollo Style

foxman09

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm trying to figure out this version of Wedding March by Ukulollo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aV9up-sveI

I haven't found a tab similar to it. The first notes are open C, then add an open E, then finally add an open A. Then it goes into a chord I think called Adim7 (G-2, C-3, E-2,A-2). After that I'm lost. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some help? This has been my favorite version of it. It is a bit complex, but for now I'm just trying to accomplish the first 23 seconds.

Hi foxman,

I can't help with figuring out the song, but if you are hoping to play this at a wedding one day I always recommend looking up the original context of the song in Wagner's opera. ('Lohengrin', as ripock mentioned above.) The song itself is called "The Bridal March," but often also referred to as "Here Comes The Bride."

It's very popular these days in North America, but I feel that people should know what they're listening to before they make the decision to include it in a wedding ceremony.

The very short synopsis relating to this piece of music, is that it was originally written to be played as the bride and groom march from their wedding ceremony to the bridal chamber. Almost immediately after they walk into the room there's a fight, a few people die, the groom decides to leave forever and the bride drops dead from grief.

As a total noob. That's not gonna get me anywhere lol.

you'd be astonished. If you ignore all the minutiae such as the rests, the rhythms, the note duration, the Italian abbreviations and just look at the notes, then you'd know what notes to play. And if you maintain that you can't read the notes, here's something I learnt in school: "Face" and "Every Good Boy Does Fine" For the notes occurring in the spaces between the lines of the staff, use the letters from "face"; the lowest space is F, the next up is A, etc. For the notes that occur on the line of the staff use "the initial letters of "Every Good Body Does Fine" to get EGBDF (lowest line is E, next is G, etc. There you go. Now you can read music for all instruments. As long as you know what the actual music should sound like (such as the case in this wedding march), you can fit the notes into the rhythm you already know.

@riprock - Thanks for the tip riprock. I'll take a look at the original music sheet and practice this.

@1890 - No, I'm just playing this for fun. I'm not interested in playing this at wedding.

@good_uke_boy - Thanks for the helpful link. I also like your other tabs on your site so it's bookmarked in my Uke folder now :)

Last edited:
By the way, did you make a video of this like you did with many of the other tabs on your website?

Nope - I've only done a few videos with the family, or the solos on the Ukulele Mike thread.

Hey guys, I'm new here but like many people, I was trying to figure out the Wedding March to play at my sister's wedding. I was finally able to figure it out from several different sources. DM me if you’d like my tabs. Cheers!

Last edited:
Sorry, but there are two different pieces of music known as the Wedding March:
One is the Wedding March by Felix Mendelsohn Bartholdy from the incidental music "A Midsummer Night's Dream." It is played by Ukulolo.
And the other one is the bridal song by Richard Wagner from the opera Lohengrin.

I'd made a Version for ukulele and melody (e.g. whisteling).

Instruction for the sheet:
Arranged for Ukulele tuned in High G (G-C-E-A)
0232 Chord: g-string free, c-string in 2nd fret, e-string in 3rd fret, a-string in 2nd fret (that‘s the chord G major)
9BCA Chord: g-string in 9th fret, c-string in 11th fret, e-string in 12th fret, a-string in 10th fret (that‘s the chord „Em“) (A=10, B=11, C=12, ...)
x343 Mute the g-string, chord only with other strings (that‘s the chord „G#“)
The names of the chords are notated in german rules: H = B; lower case are minor chords;

Attachments

• Hochzeitsmarsch.pdf.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 8
Ukulele style? Haha, this is something new for me. It's a nice fact that people still love to use this old stuff. That guy should work as a musician at weddings xd. But, honestly, you think that he sings for fun? I believe that he sings at weddings. I'm wondering how much they make per wedding? Does someone think that this is a job? Also, I found an interesting article about this stuff dj and saxophone wedding. I read it for fun. It seems remarkable to see what people choose there. I want to see a whole ukulele-style wedding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom