Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ukulele Wedding March - Ukulollo Style

Default Ukulele Wedding March - Ukulollo Style

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out this version of Wedding March by Ukulollo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aV9up-sveI

I haven't found a tab similar to it. The first notes are open C, then add an open E, then finally add an open A. Then it goes into a chord I think called Adim7 (G-2, C-3, E-2,A-2). After that I'm lost. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some help? This has been my favorite version of it. It is a bit complex, but for now I'm just trying to accomplish the first 23 seconds.

if I were going to do this, I'd go to the source, Wagner's Lohengrin and get the score.

Quote Originally Posted by ripock View Post
    if I were going to do this, I'd go to the source, Wagner's Lohengrin and get the score.
    As a total noob. That's not gonna get me anywhere lol.

Hi foxman,

I can't help with figuring out the song, but if you are hoping to play this at a wedding one day I always recommend looking up the original context of the song in Wagner's opera. ('Lohengrin', as ripock mentioned above.) The song itself is called "The Bridal March," but often also referred to as "Here Comes The Bride."

It's very popular these days in North America, but I feel that people should know what they're listening to before they make the decision to include it in a wedding ceremony.

The very short synopsis relating to this piece of music, is that it was originally written to be played as the bride and groom march from their wedding ceremony to the bridal chamber. Almost immediately after they walk into the room there's a fight, a few people die, the groom decides to leave forever and the bride drops dead from grief.

Quote Originally Posted by foxman09 View Post
    As a total noob. That's not gonna get me anywhere lol.
    you'd be astonished. If you ignore all the minutiae such as the rests, the rhythms, the note duration, the Italian abbreviations and just look at the notes, then you'd know what notes to play. And if you maintain that you can't read the notes, here's something I learnt in school: "Face" and "Every Good Boy Does Fine" For the notes occurring in the spaces between the lines of the staff, use the letters from "face"; the lowest space is F, the next up is A, etc. For the notes that occur on the line of the staff use "the initial letters of "Every Good Body Does Fine" to get EGBDF (lowest line is E, next is G, etc. There you go. Now you can read music for all instruments. As long as you know what the actual music should sound like (such as the case in this wedding march), you can fit the notes into the rhythm you already know.

Here's the version I played during a recent wedding. Hope this helps!
    https://ukucafe.files.wordpress.com/...dal_chorus.pdf

@riprock - Thanks for the tip riprock. I'll take a look at the original music sheet and practice this.

@1890 - No, I'm just playing this for fun. I'm not interested in playing this at wedding.

@good_uke_boy - Thanks for the helpful link. I also like your other tabs on your site so it's bookmarked in my Uke folder now :-)
    Last edited by foxman09; 01-21-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by good_uke_boy View Post
    Here's the version I played during a recent wedding. Hope this helps!
    https://ukucafe.files.wordpress.com/...dal_chorus.pdf
    By the way, did you make a video of this like you did with many of the other tabs on your website?

Quote Originally Posted by foxman09 View Post
    By the way, did you make a video of this like you did with many of the other tabs on your website?
    Nope - I've only done a few videos with the family, or the solos on the Ukulele Mike thread.

I can't understand a word he says, but you should be able to get a good start from this video tutorial. Came key as Ukulollo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKNgp48SAU
    Bill

Thread Information