Season 309 - Senses Working Overtime

SOTU 309 - Senses Working Overtime: THE SENSES OF LOVE - Original by Dennis Danner

I hope it was o.k. to address all the senses in one song. Once again I had fun playing around with multi-tracking on the audio for this one. Started with a base audio and video of me singing and playing on the baritone ukulele, then added a cajon drum beat track, followed by some finger-picking with my Kala acacia tenor uke. Added one additional track with primarily Evelyn on harmonies but I did try to add some as well, and played soft accompaniment with the 8 string bari.

Hope you enjoy: "The Senses Of Love"

++++++ Song Chart in ChordPro Format+++++++
{title: THE SENSES OF LOVE - by Dennis Danner (c) 2018}
{subtitle:Written in C, Last Edited 01.16.2018, dad}
{metronome:118}
For SOTU 309: Senses: Seeing, Touching, Hearing, Tasting, Smelling
{time:3:00}

Intro:

| [C] //// |[C] //// |

Verse 1:
| [C]Love is seeing from with | [C] -in your heart, and |
| [F]Even a ten - der touch can | [F]tear it a - part. . . . |
| [G]Love can glow like the | [G] brightest flame, or |
| [C]be snuffed out by a | [F] down - n - n - n | [F] . . - pour of | [C] shame . . |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [C] . . Feel it | [F] pound - ing, . . | [F] . . Hear love | [C]ring - ing . . |
| [C] . . See it | [G] blind - ing, . . | [G] . . Taste love | [C]sing - ing . . |
{eoc}

Verse 2:
| [C]Love is heard with a | [C] toll - ing bell, . . with |
| [F] - out an echo like a | [F]bot - tom less well. |
| [G]Love is a taste with - | [G]out a name, . . . |
| [C]Love bears the fruits of | [F] joy - oy - oy - oy | [F] . . and | [C]pain . . . |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [C] . . Feel it | [F] pound - ing, . . | [F] . . Hear love | [C]ring - ing . . |
| [C] . . See it | [G] blind - ing, . . | [G] . . Taste love | [C]sing - ing . . |
{eoc}

Verse 3:
| [C]To see, to touch, and to | [C]taste what's real.
| [F]That is how we | [F]know we feel, |
| [G]That is how we | [G]know we live, |
| [C]That is how we | [F]learn - n - n - n | [F] . . . to | [C]give . . . |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [C] . . See it | [G] blind - ing, . . | [G] . . Taste love | [C]singing . . |
{eoc}

Verse 4:
| [C]The love of a touch felt | [C]deep inside, The |
| [F]love in a smile | [F]seen the world wide, The |
| [G]Love I taste | [G]with your sweet kiss The |
| [C]love in laughter that | [F]brings - s - s - s | [F] . . . us | [C] bliss . . . |

Chorus:
{soc}
{eoc}

Outro Chorus:
{soc}
| [C] . . . . | [C] . . . . | [C] ~
{eoc}

+end+

Last edited:
now for the song which i originally planned to do which is razorlight's golden touch, just because i love that song.

[video=youtube_share;4zgwe1ftj60]https://youtu.be/4zgwe1ftj60[/vieo]

got to get it in before ryan nabs it, since he has very similar taste/ knowledge of songs to me :d

sparky

!!!

Why didn't i think of that one!?

Here's a 1981 song from Ringo Starr. Written by Ringo and Harry Nilsson.

Some time to myself at last after I politely declined the offer of a day at the Ikea store in Sheffield with the Missus and her friend :)

Last edited:
Here's my 5th and final senses song for this week, bringing up the rear as it were, smell. I'm playing this one on the Big Rusty ukulele that our host John really likes, that Jon, of Jon & Joo fame, was the original owner of.

Managed to get one in. Not sure if I'll manage another. Sight and hearing on this one and a fabulous classic from Mr. Simon.

Here's one from Foo Fighters that deals with the sense of taste.

Would liked to have run the electric uke through some distortion but Louise and Nathan were in.

Season 309. Submission 2 "Sometimes When We Touch" (Words by Dan Hill, Music by Barry Mann, 1977)
Hit recording by Dan Hill

Wonderful music this week, John! Thank you so much again for hosting!

Here's an original. Maybe I shouldn't have read the news all morning.

Thought I’d bring this McCartney song off Rubber Soul, inspired, so my Revolution In The Head book tells me, by Paul’s relationship with Jane Asher. There’s at least one other cracking Jane Asher related song on Rubber Soul that would fit the theme which I might bring tomorrow or later this week, unless someone else gets there first. In the meantime Seasonistas, I’m watching you all very carefully ;)

Ah, but on the left side of the pond Side 1, Track 1 of Rubber Soul was another song about sight. Thanks for indulging my test drive of adding audio to a different film in garage band.

Thanks for hosting John. And thanks Rob for playing “You Won’t See Me” again. I love your version.

Last edited:
Wow! 56 videos and counting. I know a couple of you have used up your quota of 5 but most of you still have plenty left in the tank. I am very tempted to open the floodgates right about now and say “No Song Limit”! but I’ve just got too much on this week ( hopefully moving house in a month or so plus a few health issues I’ve had to deal with), so I’ve found this to be a good number to keep on top of.

Any lurkers out there, there is still time to join in the fun and post a video.

And so to my second and last, I haven’t had time to do an original, and I’d like to have explored a different sense from my first offering, but hey...I’ve played Ron Sexsmith songs in the past, he’s written so many fantastic songs over the years.Even thought about a Ron Sexsmith season. His latest album, well I’m undecided about, it’s not getting under my skin like his others have....maybe it’s a grower. This is the first time I’ve done a video of one of his songs, it’s off the album Retriever. Connection to the season is fairly obvious.

The eye of the birds, she already do the pop tops versions
but I do originals Vladivostock versions born by Davidski Edmonski
Thank you very many.

Intra Sensory Perceptions -A. Thornton

I hear she is out of sight
And her taste is clean and bright
That her touch is just divine
I hope She thinks I smell just fine

I’m listening as you can see
To what I glimpse on my TV
Though most of it stinks up the place
And tastes most foul shoved in my face