Season 309 - Senses Working Overtime

309#1 Sight

Looking Out My Back Door ... a little CCR for this fine theme.

309#2 Taste

I knocked out a couple early on. Here's a Buck Owens/Susan Raye number from the early '70s.

So this song mentions two of the five sense in the first two verses... Does this count twice?

Still learning about levels and such with my new computer microphone...

Well, here's my "taste" song for this week, done in the 50's by The Maddox Brothers and Rose, dubbed "America's most colorful hillbilly band". They were so great, influential, and unique. Here I go again saying a song kicked my butt, but this one did, all the picking I tried to do in it and stuff. When I finally got a somewhat decent take, I flubbed the ending, and I included that here so you can hear it, and see my ticked off reaction as legit proof that I got my butt handed to me on this one.

Thanks for hosting, John. Great theme!

You guys should just be relieved I didn’t add “I touch myself” tempting as it was.

Here's a song I had on a cassette by The Bluegrass Cardinals in the 80's, and hadn't heard it since then, but it suddenly popped in my head for a "Sight" song for this week. I loved this song back then, and still do now. Fun to try and work it up.

Hi, John! You know, it's more difficult to find songs about some of these senses than others. I've got "smell" sorted, though! What do you do on a horribly grey Sunday afternoon when there's nothing on telly? Learn a rude song, of course!

For Season of the Ukulele 309, here’s “See Me, Feel Me" and ”Listening to You" by The Who. For concert ukulele with singing with harmony vocal and UBass overdubs. Wow I sure make a lot of weird faces when I'm playing - one might assume that I am in some kind of extreme pain, but I assure you that I'm enjoying myself!

England is doing OK in the cricket....

Glad your cricket updates work both ways. ;)

...and I see dead people.....

My daughter saw dead people when she was about two or three - very weird. But as she has got older, she has lost that sense, to be replaced by another - she can sense when there is cash in my wallet, and suggest ways for me to spend it on her. I preferred dead people.

My daughter saw dead people when she was about two or three - very weird. But as she has got older, she has lost that sense, to be replaced by another - she can sense when there is cash in my wallet, and suggest ways for me to spend it on her. I preferred dead people.
:biglaugh:

Am pretty certain I set up the link as per Linda Louden’s ace “How to “ thread. Didn’t have this prob with my first season.

Am pretty certain I set up the link as per Linda Louden’s ace “How to “ thread. Didn’t have this prob with my first season.

Not working for me either.
When I go to your channel it only shows that you've made 2 playlists - your previous season and a reggae one.
Could be unlisted? (as your intro vid was)
The link is working - just doesn't take me anywhere....

Hmmm, think I’ll have to go through Linda’s “How to” again stage by stage. In the meantime, carry on :D

Top Bottom