Season 309 - Senses Working Overtime

I like to get a traditional one in if I can. Some seeing and touching going on here.

The photos in the video are of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. We went there on a day trip while on holiday in Austria a few years ago. It's a lovely old city with a very relaxed feel to it. Well worth a visit. I've forgotten the story behind the man coming out of a manhole in the last picture but it's something of a feature.

Cheers for hosting this one John, I've had a busy workload this week and been soldiering on with a chest Infection so late getting here

Here is my entry:

welcome, matt!!!!!! oh wait................ welcome mat! :-o

matt : if only you knew, how often i have heard that sort of nonsense o_O

sorry!!!! welcome anyway!!!!!!!

all riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiight, time for some :bowdown: marc bolan, this song has seeing and feeling and sensing

TOUCH
The way things are going these days soon it will be illegal to touch anybody.
This is the brave new world where there is freedom of harassment.

Original melody for 2 lines from a poem by Walt Whitman... say no more.

309#3 Hearing

Geez, can't anyone find something other than CCR? (Marvin Gaye wrote it, I know.)

We got a half-foot of snow here Wednesday and then the temps dropped well below freezing. It was lovely, unless you didn't prepare for it. Fortunately, we did.

Now it's Friday, the sun's out, and it's melting. So I'm in my car.

I heard it through the grapevine.

Blimey, you wait all week for a cover of IHITTG to arrive and two turn up at once.

Marvin Gaye didn't write it btw. It's a Norman Whitfield/Barrett Strong composition, written for Gladys Knight & the Pips, who released it in 1967. Marvin Gaye's version was an track on his 1968 album 'In The Groove'; turned down for single release by Berry Gordy himself. It was only the heavy radio airplay it received that persuaded Gordy to change his mind and release Gaye's version. So Jan 1968 saw IHITTG at #1 on the Billboard R&B charts, courtesy of Gladys Knight, and Dec 1968 saw it at #1 again, this time courtesy of Marvin Gaye.

Last edited:
Amazin', ain't it? And I missed the Gladys Knight version entirely, for some reason ... Early onset dementia, I guess ...

Blimey, you wait all week for a cover of IHITTG to arrive and two turn up at once.

Marvin Gaye didn't write it btw. It's a Norman Whitfield/Barrett Strong composition, written for Gladys Knight & the Pips, who released it in 1967. Marvin Gaye's version was an track on his 1968 album 'In The Groove'; turned down for single release by Berry Gordy himself. It was only the heavy radio airplay it received that persuaded Gordy to change his mind and release Gaye's version. So Jan 1968 saw IHITTG at #1 on the Billboard R&B charts, courtesy of Gladys Knight, and Dec 1968 saw it at #1 again, this time courtesy of Marvin Gaye.

Amazin', ain't it? And I missed the Gladys Knight version entirely, for some reason ... Early onset dementia, I guess ...

Not at all, my friend. :) There's lots of similar examples. Rod Stewart's Maggie May - only ever released as a 'B'-side - immediately springs to mind.

Top Bottom