Season 309 - Senses Working Overtime

I honestly don’t know why the playlist link isn’t taking me to the playlist. I followed Linda’s instructions. The playlist itself is public. (I think.....) I’ll have a look tomorrow. Am tired now :(
Good night lovely Seasonistas.....

I honestly don’t know why the playlist link isn’t taking me to the playlist. I followed Linda’s instructions. The playlist itself is public. (I think.....) I’ll have a look tomorrow. Am tired now :(
Good night lovely Seasonistas.....

The colon after the https is missing. Just stick that in and it will work.

Glad your cricket updates work both ways. ;)

My daughter saw dead people when she was about two or three - very weird. But as she has got older, she has lost that sense, to be replaced by another - she can sense when there is cash in my wallet, and suggest ways for me to spend it on her. I preferred dead people.

My daughter in her teens came up with a classic:

"Dad your wallet needs to go on a diet"
"Oh?"
"Yes, it needs to lose a few pounds" (in her direction, of course :))

THANK YOU, BRIAN!!!! (Are you being patronizing?)

Not at all.
Record run chase.
Record score by a batsman at the MCG.
A comprehensive victory and a huge contrast to the test performances.
4 more one dayers to come though.....

When I typed that (the OK post) England had not yet won so I thought a collapse was still possible. That didn't happen so England did WAY better than OK. Impressive even!

Last edited:
Since our gracious host this week likes songs that are simple, yet profound, I offer this and hope it fits that criteria. This is a Tom T Hall song from a children's album he did in the mid 70's, and I had that album back then. I took the soparnino challenge on this one.

ever fallen in love with a song you shouldn't have fallen in love with? because ralf just did it and his cover is so awesome? but you gotta bring it too, just because the song is so great? yeah. just happened to me too!

what do i get? a fab song by the buzzcocks that i didn't even know existed before tonight! thank you ralf! :worship:

why can't i touch it

By jove ... she did it!!!

links........ we CAN rebuild them!
latest

thanks for hosting this week John.
here's a song by another John.

Well, I’ve caught up with the 23 wonderful videos you have given me thus far, and even had time to copy and paste BEV’s link for the playlist so that it’s working now :D.

Here's a Cage the Elephant which goes out to the people of Hawaii. Hell of a weekend there had.

This one starts with echoes and voices, goes through feeling a fist, and ends up with all his senses being blocked. All in all, not a good night out.

grade six. first love, at first sight. the clanging cymbal of rejection.
the bitter taste of having to face her again. :p

Last edited:
When I first started playing ukulele, I had a long-term goal of someday being able to do "Misty" on it. This is still my long-term goal. Anyway, this is the only song I could think of that mentions someone's malfunctioning proprioception. It also has seeing and hearing.

Not the one I was planning to do (which I will hopefully still get round to...) but you may have heard that Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries has died suddenly and unexpectedly aged 46. I grew up listening to The Cranberries, songs like Zombie (a particularly influential, powerful song) and Dreaming my Dreams and many others - I couldn't hope to touch the incredibly powerful voice Dolores had but I thought it would be appropriate to cover 'Wake up and Smell the Coffee' in homage to her.

Sparky

Here's a "touch" song many country artists have recorded, including Porter Wagoner, George Jones, Dolly Parton, and others. This was my legit first take on it, not perfect, but I kept it.

Top Bottom