One Man And His Uke

Reaction score

1,2,3,4,5 Senses Working Overtime.

Sight,
Hearing,
Touch,
Smell,
Taste.

Season 309 is given over to songs about the senses. Each song you do should feature one or more of the five senses, either in the title or as subject matter/lyrics.

There are 5 senses mentioned above, accordingly there is a 5 song limit. If you wish to focus on a different sense for each of your songs great but it’s not essential.

Originals more than welcome, especially if you’ve never written an original before. There are threads with tips on how to write songs, although I don’t have any links.....think there were links on Season 308. My own personal tip is, throw caution to the wind and do it. Lyrics first or tune first, doesn’t matter, just have a go, surprise yourself.

Songs should be newly recorded for Season 309.

Ukulele must be main instrument, but other instruments can be in the mix. Multitracking, collaborations are fine.

Season starts midnight Hawaii time Saturday and finishes 8 days later. You know the drill.

No prizes at time of going to press. If I get time I might organise some token gifts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTNUmu6DfdZknWYAZ0dRqFTyI7RBAbTgs

Last edited:
Once again, one of the the 365 songs that I had written down for this week, is pretty well a perfect fit. Just hope I can shake off the cold which is limiting me a bit.

Lots of potential here, John!

But as you say, I hope people don't instantly abandon SOTU 308 - especially as I have just posted my latest opus magnus there - a song inspired by the death of John Keats and my visit to the house in Rome where he died.
I am pleased with this one, it is my attempt at a kind of "Starry, starry night...." in essence ;)

Sir John, I will do my best to try and get something done.
It seems like as of late I have been overwhelmed with life.
This week I have spent every day at my dad's side. He has pneumonia and was in the hospital all week.
He had enough and refused to stay any longer and left before he should have. He is 83. What do you do when a parent does that?
Well, there is nothing you can do except do your best to take care of them at home.

If I get a spare moment to participate I will :)
This is a great idea for a theme!

Before this thread is taken over by those that want to say you feel for me, I already now that! You are all so caring. Carry on and have fun!

I just wanted to mention that there are a whole lot more than 5 senses. If someone had a song about proprioception, etc., would that be acceptable? (I'm not saying that I do, but I'm asking just in case.)

Don't forget Umami! :rolleyes::p

I just wanted to mention that there are a whole lot more than 5 senses. If someone had a song about proprioception, etc., would that be acceptable? (I'm not saying that I do, but I'm asking just in case.)

I was thinking the same thing.

On my own..should I wander through this wonderland alone?
Never knowin' my right foot from my left,
My hat from my glove,
I'm too misty, and too much in love.

Yeah. And Harry can tell the future and, and I see dead people.....

Well, that's another matter altogether, which I'll leave up to the host's discretion, but senses like proprioception, balance, pain, temperature-sensing, etc., have been shown to exist independently of the traditional 5 senses.

Ok, yep, I know there are considered to be more than 5 senses, but for the purposes of this season, we are just focusing on the 5 referred to in the intro vid, there’s more than enough source material for Seasonistas to sink their teeth into there. Umami would come under “taste” Rick :D.

Ok, yep, I know there are considered to be more than 5 senses, but for the purposes of this season, we are just focusing on the 5 referred to in the intro vid, there’s more than enough source material for Seasonistas to sink their teeth into there. Umami would come under “taste” Rick :D.

Alright. I'll save Suicide is Painless for another season, then. I'll try for my backup option.

Only one place to start here.

I couldn't cope with the key change after the bridge so I decided not to do it.

Season 309. "Do You Want To Know A Secret" (Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, 1963. performed by the Beatles)

Thank you, John, for hosting and your fab theme! I'm jumping in early this week with this one, as I know my week will be filled with the start of semester tasks. Hearing - stage front and center on this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom