Season 309 - Senses Working Overtime

...and what of synesthesia?

I was thinking the same thing.

On my own..should I wander through this wonderland alone?
Never knowin' my right foot from my left,
My hat from my glove,
I'm too misty, and too much in love.

I've been working on this all day trying to get all those walkups and walkdowns--I've never tried playing like that before. This one has a lot of different senses in it.

Intra Sensory Perceptions

I hear she is out of sight
And her taste is clean and bright
That her touch is just divine
I hope She thinks I smell just fine

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*cries a bit into her milky tea*

i've just seen that :bowdown: sparky has done this song a few posts ago

i will post my take on the song before i go listen to her vid, because i know it's gonna be way awesome and make me not wanna bother with my version!!!!!!!

that fab buzzcocks song of ralf's that i nicked, had most of the senses well and truly covered, leaving only smell, which made me wanna do this (until i saw about sparky, etc etc!)

This Guess Who song is a psychedelic piece of gibberish, but it's on their magnificent 1969 album, Wheatfield Soul, that I listened to constantly way back when.

I know that feeling cold is really skirting the bounds of "touch" but please allow it. I really wanted to do this to commemorate Dolores O'Riordan. There is no way I can even approach the quality of her wails, but there is a bit of feeling behind it. The Cranberries were my favourite band in the '90s and her death has shocked me.

Thought I’d bring this McCartney song off Rubber Soul, inspired, so my Revolution In The Head book tells me, by Paul’s relationship with Jane Asher. There’s at least one other cracking Jane Asher related song on Rubber Soul that would fit the theme which I might bring tomorrow or later this week, unless someone else gets there first. In the meantime Seasonistas, I’m watching you all very carefully ;)

Thought I’d bring this McCartney song off Rubber Soul, inspired, so my Revolution In The Head book tells me, by Paul’s relationship with Jane Asher. There’s at least one other cracking Jane Asher related song on Rubber Soul that would fit the theme which I might bring tomorrow or later this week, unless someone else gets there first. In the meantime Seasonistas, I’m watching you all very carefully ;)

You won't see me doing that one again. I already did it for a previous season :)

You won't see me doing that one again. I already did it for a previous season :)

Go on Rob, you know you want to.

Anyway, so far we have 34 songs, and I’m pleased to say we’ve covered the five senses mentioned in XTC’s song, plus a few Thornton rule ones. It’s all good folks. Keep em coming. I always marvel at the breadth of song styles we get in seasons. And it’s still early doors, so plenty of time to pick a peach of a “senses” tune to bring.

Time for a singalong.Reference to seeing and hearing in this one

Now for the song which I originally planned to do which is Razorlight's Golden Touch, just because I love that song.

Got to get it in before Ryan nabs it, since he has very similar taste/ knowledge of songs to me :D

Sparky

Ok I realised I had smell, touch, sight, and taste covered between those last two vids so like Lynda I feel compelled to complete the set with 'Listening for the Weather' by Bic Runga, also because I really like this song too.

Sparky

309 Smell

Here I go smelling up the joint with some senseless song about smelling rain.

Background photo from a tornado video I took from my front porch in March of 2015.

I started coming down with a cold last night. Fortunately, due to the minor ice storm we're having, I didn't have to report to work today. But I felt like **** this morning, and rather than make myself presentable, I just copied someone else's usual recording format. I hope BEV doesn't mind.

This song started out as a cover of an old country song by Webb Pierce called "Hawaiian Echoes," which featured a prominent steel guitar but no ukulele. I started tweaking it, and by the time I finished it was pretty much a completely different song.

The reverb effect on this one is the "bathroom" setting on Audacity. This song is all about hearing, although the hearing may be more metaphorical than literal.

The Posies were my favorite '90s grunge band -- noisy but melodic, with great songwriting and harmonies that sounded like next generation Everly Brothers. This song got some radio airplay in Boston, and was the song of theirs that first caught my attention. And it's about songs that catch your attention. This song includes hearing and taste.

309 Taste

My apologies if you find this song tasteless. LOL This is a song that demanded of me to write a week before this season was announced. Tonight I was looking for the Taste song and realized I had written this song.

It's a medically graphic song so it okay to take a pass on if you wish.

Top Bottom