Season 309 - Senses Working Overtime

Long lost "White King" Morris was SIGHTED in our laundry room yesterday.

I was sorry to read that Bap Kennedy passed away back in 2016. I know a couple of Seasonistas have done his songs in the past, Pa and Sean, that I know of, and maybe others, but I didn't realise he had left us.

Last edited:
Another song mentioning smell - "I Think I Smell A Rat" (2001) by Jack White.

This week my ukulele time has mostly been spent wrapping up season 308, so I haven't had the time to find a learn a new song.

So I cheated and made a new recording of one I wrote for Season 250. I know that it is a bit sad to repeat your own stuff, but I think that it fits the theme pretty well, and I knew the chords... Also, it is recorded on another ukulele this time.

The Sound Of Silence ..
I wanted to learn this song, it's one of the songs in a book which is used at a uke group which I hope to attend some time soon, so I thought it would be appropriate with Sound in the title, also mentioning some other senses and faculties in the song lyrics .. hope you enjoy it

Happy Ukeing ...

We interrupt your sensory extravaganza to note that the intro video for Season 310 is posted. Keep flooding the senses on this thread, even so!

There was just no time to log on this week with my dad needing care. I hope everyone is great! So sorry I missed it.

Hi all. Sorry this got in so late, because it's one of my favorite collabs (and recordings) ever.

I reached out to Peewee (Peter Orth) to do a grunge number at first, but he suggested this one from one of our favorite bands, Television. One thing led to another, as things sometimes do, and we ended up with this one. I really like the way the multiple tracks came together, and I think it has just enough crazy to make it wonderful.

Hope you like it.

When the senses go into overdrive the ego thinks it can be or do anything. I believe it is this very sensory overdrive in certain men that leads to the kind of machismo the world has suffered under for hundreds of years. When I wrote this song in 1978, I really did think that that kind of man was going to go the way of the dinosaur. it is a great regret to me that this song has suddenly become relevant again as the epitome of this attitude now occupies the White House in Washington.

I didn't think I'd get a song in this week. I have been fighting the flu that is now in its third week as I fought hard against fever and exhaustion to get my student's essays marked. It has been an uphill battle.

I have a fever and hardly any voice left in this song, but I hope you will still find it interesting enough to give it a listen.

Hi all. Sorry this got in so late, because it's one of my favorite collabs (and recordings) ever.

I reached out to Peewee (Peter Orth) to do a grunge number at first, but he suggested this one from one of our favorite bands, Television. One thing led to another, as things sometimes do, and we ended up with this one. I really like the way the multiple tracks came together, and I think it has just enough crazy to make it wonderful.

Hope you like it.
Thanks for egging me on, Rick, the lateness is all me, I couldn't get the playing, then the recording gear had to be dug up..turned out cool. thanks!

It looks like no one did this one? I've been completely out of it for a few days because of a bad cold, and I'm already quite familiar with this one, so it's kind of an easy one for me and it fits the theme. Apologies to BEV for not wearing a checkered shirt; it's 70F outside right now and too warm for flannel!

By my reckoning it is now Monday morning in Hawaii, so Season 309 is now closed. Many thanks to all who took part. I hope to post a video wrap before the end of the week. :D

Top Bottom