Black ukulele strings

I just went through Fremont Blacklines, Aquila Carbonblacks and Aquila Lava Black on a concert uke of mine.
While the Fremont were the only truly black strings, the lava strings are dark enough grey to not light up and ruin the illusion. And they are very similar to other nylgut.
The Carbonblacks are a light shiny grey. And they are nothing like nylgut.

Thanks, I'm starting to think the Lavas are the only thing close for me, just wish they weren't so thin - might take another's suggestion and look at the concert strings, although I worry about the tension difference.

Hi all,
It's been a while, but I wanted to post some pics of the infamous "murdered out" uke (Kiwaya KTS-4). I am currently selling it if anyone is interested send me a message. Upgraded with black Tusk nut and saddle, and black Gotoh tuners. It's hand-down the best uke I've ever played/owned. The neck on this thing feels like riding a pure-bred horse through a misty morning beach scene. It's just not the sound I'm searching for right now, so ready to let it go to someone who can put it to use. I would say it's more oriented for pretty finger-picking and not heavy strumming, which is where I tend to go. Hope you enjoy the pics:
IMG_2784-min.jpgIMG_2786-min.jpgIMG_2792-min.jpgIMG_2795-min.jpgIMG_2798-min.jpg

Top Bottom