Thread: A change of style...

Default A change of style...

Thought I'd put the acoustics down this month and bugger about with my electrics and some rock stuff - something I donít usually do. Only a sample of my first run through so an even rougher result than usual, and my 'rock God voice' sounds like I've been EATING rocks! Great fun to mess about with though! lol

I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, my longest friend - a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke. Oh, and a piano accordion - but trying to play that feels like I'm wrestling with an octopus!

Dave: you rock, brother! I like the tone you're getting out of your rig. If you can raise your voice an octave, you'd sound just like Robert Plant!

Luke

Ha! Thanks Luke. Not really a genre I’ve tried to play in the past. I’ll work on the voice, but I think to raise it an octave I’d need a good kick in my dangly bits! (Please don’t offer - I hate to offend a friend by turning him down! lol)
    I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, my longest friend - a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke. Oh, and a piano accordion - but trying to play that feels like I'm wrestling with an octopus!

I don’t know about Robert Plant, but the intro is pretty close to Bon Scott’s original version of this song. Don’t be afraid to scream a little on the rest of it and you’re there. Instrumentals are spot on -- always fun to play the classics.

Thanks buddy. I’ll try to learn to scream. Maybe if I look at my tax bill whilst I’m singing will do the trick? lol

Thread Information