B# and B#m chords

briancc

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn the song All of Me and located this on ukulele tabs
What are the B# and B#m chords? I can't really these in a chord chart.
F
All of me
A D
Why not take all of me

Can't you see
GM
I'm no good without you
A
Take my lips
DM
I want to loose them
G7
Take my arms
GM C7
I'll never use them
F
Your goodbye
A
Left me with eyes that cry
D GM
How can I go on dear without you
B# B#M
You took the part
AM D7 GM
That once was my heart
C7 F
So why not take all of me
(Solo)

Source: www.ukulele-tabs.com

B# (B sharp) is in fact C, hence why you won't find it labelled anywhere! I'm assuming the chords above have a typo and you should in fact be playing Bb and Bbm (that's B flat aka A# or A sharp).

This is why I have been slowly working on the 365 Project. Eventually, I’d like to record all of the 365 in a play along format. It’s a good challenge, as quite a few of the songs are unfamilar to me.

If you need to slow a song down, and you are on the web version, YouTube allows you to slow down a video through the gear icon on the bottom of the screen. Mobile viewing does not allow for this.

As I am going alphabetically, I have already recorded “All of Me.” I have been working on other things for some time and have been getting over a cold that started about a month ago (it could have been two separate colds) that I am just now getting over (middle school students have a lot of germs. We work in Petri dishes).

https://youtu.be/eeSvMT6cE6Q

I like this method of writing chord sheets. It avoids having to line up the chords with the correct syllables. I have substituted GM (which stands for G Major) with Gm (G minor). I have also substituted a Bbm6 (0111) for the Bbm, because I like how it sounds. Otherwise I have not changed the chords of the arrangement you posted, just put them where I would change them. Since I like to give the composers their credit, I looked them up on Google and added them to the chord sheet. Great song Brian, and it sounds great on the uke.

I just played through it and think it sounds better when I change the As to A7s and the Ds to D7s. See what you think.

All Of Me Gerald Marks & Seymour Simons, 1931

[F] All of me
Why not take [A7] all of me
[D7] Can't you see
I'm no good with[Gm]out you
[A7] Take my lips
I want to [Dm] lose them
[G7] Take my arms
I'll never [Gm] use [C7] them

[F] Your goodbye
Left me with [A7] eyes that cry
[D7] How can I go on dear with[Gm]out you
[Bb] You took the [Bbm6]part
That [Am] once was my [D7] heart
So [Gm] why not take [C7] all of [F] me?

Last edited:
I like this method of writing chord sheets. It avoids having to line up the chords with the correct syllables. I have substituted GM (which stands for G Major) with Gm (G minor). I have also substituted a Bbm6 (0111) for the Bbm, because I like how it sounds. Otherwise I have not changed the chords of the arrangement you posted, just put them where I would change them. Since I like to give the composers their credit, I looked them up on Google and added them to the chord sheet. Great song Brian, and it sounds great on the uke.

I just played through it and think it sounds better when I change the As to A7s and the Ds to D7s. See what you think.

All Of Me Gerald Marks & Seymour Simons, 1931

[F] All of me
Why not take [A7] all of me
[D7] Can't you see
I'm no good with[Gm]out you
[A7] Take my lips
I want to [Dm] lose them
[G7] Take my arms
I'll never [Gm] use [C7] them

[F] Your goodbye
Left me with [A7] eyes that cry
[D7] How can I go on dear with[Gm]out you
[Bb] You took the [Bbm6]part
That [Am] once was my [D7] heart
So [Gm] why not take [C7] all of [F] me?

I agree with Jim. Apart from fixing the mistakes in the arrangement, it sounds much better with a few seventh chords added. See Choirguy's arrangement for where to add them.

I'm trying to learn the song All of Me and located this on ukulele tabs
What are the B# and B#m chords? I can't really these in a chord chart.
Did you by coincidence transpose the original version on screen? B# is very uncommon to see (same as Cb would be)...
(and where did you find that version? All I can come up with is this version, but the chords don't match)

I like this method of writing chord sheets. It avoids having to line up the chords with the correct syllables.
:agree: :agree:
This is also called ChordPro format and understood by quite a few nice tools out there - and way better than aligning with tabs and/or spaces (unless your strictly using fixed-width fonts this will break with any reformatting attempt)

Last edited:
I have found the quality of tablature and chord charts on the Internet to be generally poor--rare is it that I find a chart that isn't in need of some corrections. Even the sites that allow users to rate the charts seem to have highly rated charts that are riddled with errors.

It might be worth it, @brianc, for you to invest some time learning basic music theory so you can doctor up the charts you find. In the long run, you may find it is a valuable skill to have.

Meanwhile, there is a subforum on this site, Song Help, where friendly folks will be happy to help you with your charts.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. I love this song, it's so simple and does sound great on the uke. And pretty easy to sing also.

:agree: :agree:
This is also called ChordPro format and understood by quite a few nice tools out there - and way better than aligning with tabs and/or spaces (unless your strictly using fixed-width fonts this will break with any reformatting attempt)

I have been using this method since I got my first computer, but I didn't know it had a name. ChordPro eh. I'll have to remember that. Where did that name come from?

wikipedia said:
In June 1991 Martin Leclerc and Mario Dorion created the Chord program and source file notation format. For several years there was no active development of the software. In 2007 Johan Vromans and Adam Monsen revived the project under a new name Chordii, supporting ChordPro format vesion 4. In 2015 Johan Vromans started yet another re-write of the tool and called it ChordPro. This release supports ChordPro format version 5 and is in active development.
I first came across that name when I had a look at the ukegeeks.com script editor to re-format some songsheets from scorpexuke.com to my needs

Top Bottom