Biscuit tin resonators...

Ted4

Reaction score
I couldn't hear much, if any, difference.

(But, I'm getting older these days, so it may be my hearing isn't as good as a younger persons.) ;)

No, me neither Keith. I think the tin lid is a nice idea that simply doesn't work. One chap reckons that resonators have to be curved and wooden, so I will try that next.

Me thinks there simply has to be some space between the back of the pot and the resonator for this to work, no matter the material its made of else the sound waves are trapped.

Aha, the plot thickens...'some space between the back of the pot' sounds plausible. My wife has found an old circular copper pan,which is a perfect fit as a resonator, so I will see how that goes for a while.

Hmmmm. An American biscuit is not a sweet (cookie). It is a type of bread (bun-like) that one drowns in gravy or slathers with butter.

Very tasty but not reccomended for dieters. :eek:ld:

That would be a suet dumpling . I've had biscuits, delicious.Like savoury sponge cake . Dumplings are white flour and suet and water .

I guess I’ve gotten us pretty far from this thread’s subject—my bad.

And, now, back to “Biscuit Tin Resonators”. :eek:ld:

Yeah, CeeJay, we have Dumplings too. Biscuits are different—better. What’s Suet? :eek:ld:

If you don't know what suet is then you aren't making British Dumplings lol:)http://www.atora.co.uk/ I don't think that we have an equivalent to your biscuits. Now jibe Oh and return to a steady Thread Heading .....;)

As to resonator ukes. I'm not convinced that they do the slidey bottle neck sound thing brilliantly (Though there will be some who can pull this off extremely well) because of having nylon strings. I think that they do offer more projection for those that like to finger pick melody much like their bigger and older cousins.

Top Bottom