Spectacular LFDM Baritone on HMS

OhioBelle

Reaction score
:drool: thank goodness it has that insanely long scale so I'm not tempted - well, that and the $$$ tag. :p

I was lucky enough to see this instrument before it left Luis's place as I live in the same town as him. He had actually showed me the sinker redwood even before it was a top and he was really excited about its tonal properties. It became an amazing sounding instrument. I have one of these in spruce and bocote and it is like no other baritone I have every played or heard. With the bigger body and longer 22-1/4" scale length it really sounds like a 4 string classical guitar

Good call on shouting this one out Ohio Bell, they are very few and far between.

Oh my god!

Tonewise, this baritone and the bocote tenor that sold in a nanosecond were the two clear standouts in this latest batch. Both wonderful sounding.

The last LFdM baritone they had at HMS had my name on it but then could not be shipped to me due to the new Rosewood restrictions (it went to a very worthy UU member instead). I was going to go for the one they have now but with the latest price increase, it is over my head. Congratulations to whomever gets it, I bet it is the most awesome baritone to be had.

My goodness! What a stunning instrument. If my stable wasn't already so full....

Very beautiful baritone!! Stunning, to say the least. At 22 1/4" scale length, this falls right into the tenor guitar (Chicago tuned) range. I love tenor guitars, but always lean towards nylon stringed instruments. Best of both worlds here.

Very Nice. The Shop named has a very good range of instruments, good videos, but their e-mailing regarding queries and advice is poor.

:drool: thank goodness it has that insanely long scale so I'm not tempted - well, that and the $$$ tag. :p
:agree:
Yes, that LFdM baritone is spectacular!

But, 22.25” is too long of a scale for me also. 20” scale on a baritone is as long as I feel comfortable playing.

"Very Nice. The Shop named has a very good range of instruments, good videos, but their e-mailing regarding queries and advice is poor."

In my opinion, it's the best place to buy a Uke in Hawaii, and Hawaii is the best place to buy a Uke in the world. They have amazing customer service, pricing is very fair, every Uke gets a full setup included in the price, and to your point, the selection is unparalleled. And just really nice guys all around.

Sometimes email just isn't the optimal channel for communication. Maybe try calling them next time?

Last edited:
In my opinion, it's the best place to buy a Uke in Hawaii, and Hawaii is the best place to buy a Uke in the world. They have amazing customer service, pricing is very fair, every Uke gets a full setup included in the price, and to your point, the selection is unparalleled. And just really nice guys all around.

Sometimes email just isn't the optimal channel for communication. Maybe try calling them next time?

I hope you realize LFdM is built in Canada by a Canadian luthier ?

I hope you realize LFdM is built in Canada by a Canadian luthier ?

Yes, of course, I was just speaking of my experiences dealing with the retail store that's selling the uke, in response to @Minor Adjustment's comments.

Thanks.

Top Bottom