For Luke & all 60’s fans!

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi Luke,
As per your request mate I just had a first quick run through of this.
A fun song to do, but as you will hear, I sound not much like the excellent Mr Herman & his Hermits! lol
Luv n stuff, Dave x

Thank you! I loved it! I was tapping my foot as you were playing.
Suggestion: the part where you sing “when I met a new girl “, you inserted a chord change which forced you to change up your voice. How would it sound without that chord change? Would it sound better if you kept playing the same chord throughout that line?

..the part where you sing “when I met a new girl “, you inserted a chord change which forced you to change up your voice. How would it sound without that chord change? Would it sound better if you kept playing the same chord throughout that line?

Y’know what buddy? Having listened back to it this morning, I totally agree with you and will make that change should I ever play the song again. Thank you.
That’s the thing I love about this site and it’s great members - not only can we enjoy listening to each other but we can get some great feedback in order to hopefully keep improving.
Luv n stuff, Dave

Y’know what buddy? Having listened back to it this morning, I totally agree with you and will make that change should I ever play the song again. Thank you.
That’s the thing I love about this site and it’s great members - not only can we enjoy listening to each other but we can get some great feedback in order to hopefully keep improving.
Luv n stuff, Dave

Found I had 10 free minutes this morning so thought i’d Just try that suggested small change. I DO think it works better, so thanks again. This, as with all my stuff, was only recorded using the built in mic on my iPad with no post production, so it’s still pretty rough. I hope soon to buy some reasonable recording kit which, although it won’t be able to perform miracles and turn me into a great ‘singist’, should at least be fun to use and make the most of the little I’ve got!

Thanks maki66 - it’s great fun to play like a LOT of songs from that era!!

Top Bottom