Luna Tattoo vs Sahara?

I believe the Tattoo is all laminate and the Sahara has a solid spruce top. Depends on what you want from your uke whether it's worth the difference. Then again, I think most here would recommend a Kala or Ohana over any of the Luna models.

Would I spend extra to get a solid top? - yes
Would I buy a Luna? - no (by the way, I own a Luna Tattoo uke. It's not terrible, but you can do so much better for the price)

As Uke Don has said, the solid spruce top is where the money is going. Personally I would opt for the solid spruce top over a laminate mahogany top but I particularly like the increased dynamic range a soft wood top has. If I were to buy a solid spruce topped instrument around that price I would be looking to Ohana or Kala, again as Uke Don points out.

Yes, you can do much better than Luna for the price. Never heard of a Sahara uke. Get a Kala or Ohana, and get it from Mim's Ukes. Or Uke Republic.

I'm with Nickie - wouldnt touch a Luna full stop. Overpriced for what you get and some questionable quality control standards too.

I have a Luna solid top set up by an online vendor. It is a perfectly fine instrument for the price range. The key is the setup.

When I talk about questionable quality control - I am talking about things that are beyond 'setup'. Like bad tuners, bridges coming loose and poor quality woods. I've never had much joy with any Luna I saw but of course your mileage may vary.

Mainly though my concern is their price. Even though they are reasonable, you can either get a lot more for the same money, or get similar standards for less with several other brands.

Top Bottom