Travelling Uke Theft Prevention Tips?

Some travel insurance companies do cover the theft of musical instruments but
there are lots of exclusions so you need to have a conversation with you travel agent
or travel insurance provider and make sure you are careful to follow their advice.
For instance if it's stolen form a car it better have been locked in the trunk and needed
forced entry to get to.

-- Gary

PS I do a travel work on the side...

So if one does put a tracking devise in their ukulele, and then you ukulele gets ripped off while travelling, what is the plan then?

A watchful eye and insurance. Of course locks and deterrents are used for a reason. Watch the medical waste stickers while they might deter thieves they will draw attention when traveling through airports and across boarders. Thieves will find a way if interested. We carry a rider on our home owners insurance for my wife's violin and hardingfela. Needed professional appraisals and photos to be submitted. When traveling to Norway with hardingfela wife carried photos with instrument shown with proof the instrument was in the USA so upon return through Customs she could prove she did not buy it on the trip. With low and mid range Uke's I'm not sure a separate insurance rider would be worth it, for very high end or vintage/historical Uke's worth looking into.

Top Bottom