Season 310: Discovery and Exploration

Wow! What a beginning! As I write, we have 21 entries. I'm truly humbled and impressed by all the contributions.

I'm calling it a night (OK. I'm lying. I want to watch the second half of the Eagles-Vikings game.) But I'll be back at it Monday. And thanks not only for your participation but for comments and support for others.

See ya tomorrow!

Happy Birthday, Rick, and many more. I hope you got a new uke for your birthday...?

This is the first one I thought of for this theme.

A folksong from the Bahamas.More misadventure than adventure.

Greetings,

I multi tracked my banjolele with my baritone and came up with this version of "Walking in Memphis". For Christmas I was given a new toy that can multitrack, so I am still learning. Mostly I barely have time to record, but it's easier than I thought on the ipad.

Ciao

For my 5th and final of this week I chose this John Anderson song. It's in a similar vein as "Seminole wind", but it's much lesser known, and predates it.

Ok, not much time this week so I knocked this one off quickly, though I’d be shocked if it hadn’t turned up in a dozen other SOTU threads. Seems to me it’s all about adventure. Recorded in my sunroom for the natural reverb but damn it was cold out there without heat. Fingers got a little chunky, but still fun to sing. Anyway, SOTU entry #2.

PS - thanks for all the encouragement on my debut. Good folks here.

Last edited:
I’ve been playing around with iMovie for months and finally figured out how to merge two videos into split screen using only an iPhone. It’s a very satisfying feeling.

Edited to comment that I just saw that I was a few minutes behind another On The Road Again. It’s uncanny how often this happens :D

Last edited:
Thanks, Rusty! Yes, I did. I'll put up a NUD post after I catch up with these wonderful contributions.

Happy Birthday, Rick, and many more. I hope you got a new uke for your birthday...?

This is the first one I thought of for this theme.

I nipped you on the clock but you killed it in cuteness and production values. Nice job. Love the solo you worked up.

This is probably the closest I'll ever get to doing a U2 song, unless we have a U2 season sometime. Sometimes going to a new land isn't what you want.

It will probably be several days before my voice is back to normal.

Fine version of a Randy Newman song Randy.

I'd be happy to be discovered. Maybe I need a dance move like that Gangnam style vid that went viral and made Google update it's equipment.
And Rob informs us I need 1000 subscribers and like a million minutes of viewer time to make $2.50.... sigh....

Oh well this might get the usual 35 views....

5 and out with this paoriginal

Last edited:
thank you for hosting this week Rick.
i've been on a spiritual journey my whole life.
could probably write a book about my conversion to Christianity in 1998 and
subsequent happenings, suffice it to say it's prelude made the news here
for all the wrong reasons.
it's a super theme. i hope i have time to play some more.
for now, here's a mountain goats song.
Romans 10:9
"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord,"
and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
you will be saved."

I hope this song is appropriate. It's an instrumental, so it's not specifically about anything, but given the famous movie series it's associated with, I think it is generally though of in terms of discovery of a magical place.

P.s. I told myself I would keep trying to get a clean take until Neptune moved. I think she liked this take ;)

Top Bottom