HMS The Ukulele Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
Is it perchance just me they don't like? Or do they just not like replying to emails. I buy my Gotoh UPT tuners from them, no problem with shipping to NZ, yet when I email about anything they seem to just ignore me. They have a special on their site for builders to get a discount on the tuners for five sets or more, so I email them asking what the discount is and after THIRTEEN days no reply. So I email Andrew (the owner?) And after four days still no reply. Customer service? Oh and I am in New Zealand so phoning is out. Anybody else have issues getting replies to email?

Last edited:
I understand your frustration as I haven’t had much luck in the past getting a reply through email with anyone at HMS but Andrew. I’m guessing he’ll reply, but to expedite things you might want to try reaching him through private message here on this forum. Good luck! :)

They are busy people, but they will get back to you.
NAMM is also coming up, so it may take a while to get caught up after that.
In general if I call or text Andrew, I know I will get a response, but it may be a few days.
I find email best, but again it may take a couple of days.
I find that pretty remarkable seeing as I am sure he gets a very high volume of emails and calls from around the world daily, in addition to all the business operations he does.

They are busy people, but they will get back to you.
NAMM is also coming up, so it may take a while to get caught up after that.
In general if I call or text Andrew, I know I will get a response, but it may be a few days.
I find email best, but again it may take a couple of days.
I find that pretty remarkable seeing as I am sure he gets a very high volume of emails and calls from around the world daily, in addition to all the business operations he does.

Now twelve days since I emailed the Company. If I took that long to reply to a customer I would have NO customers.
We live, work, and do business in a global village and it is 2018 not 1918.

I got exactly the same service to exactly the same enquiry about bulk discounts. I gave up on them after 3 weeks of not getting a reply and went shopping for the UPT's some where else. I ended up getting from this place http://www.smakula.com/ and the service couldn't have been better. The price was a bit higher but Bob was a pleasure to deal with and he freighted them to me in Western Australia within a week.
cheers
Paul

I got exactly the same service to exactly the same enquiry about bulk discounts. I gave up on them after 3 weeks of not getting a reply and went shopping for the UPT's some where else. I ended up getting from this place http://www.smakula.com/ and the service couldn't have been better. The price was a bit higher but Bob was a pleasure to deal with and he freighted them to me in Western Australia within a week.
cheers
Paul

Yes, I buy my remo heads from Bob, good guy , I never thought about him for tuners. To be fair to HMS they have supplied

me with tuners without issue, it just drives me crazy that in this day and age they can not get their act together when it comes to communication.

You emailed support asking “Can you tell me the price for tuners in lots of 5?” So Zach got the email and I guess didn’t understand you because he left a note for me on the email “How much would it cost for just one extra UPT tuner? 10 bucks?” I missed that note as well as your follow up to me 3 days ago. My sincere apologies. I get lost in projects and get to dozens of emails daily but still fall short of getting to all of them sometimes. Zach does keep up with the support emails and we all answer and help people all day as best as possible. That’s why we’re still in business with 12 full time people supporting themselves and families. We are trying to have our "act together" so my apologies for the shortcoming with this inquiry from you.

The luthier discount code is "luthier discount" and you get 10 bucks off a set. Mahalo.

Call for free with Skype.
Also, Facebook messenger has a free phone and/or video feature which i use. Andrew is on FB as are many of the HMS employees.

You emailed support asking “Can you tell me the price for tuners in lots of 5?” So Zach got the email and I guess didn’t understand you because he left a note for me on the email “How much would it cost for just one extra UPT tuner? 10 bucks?” I missed that note as well as your follow up to me 3 days ago. My sincere apologies. I get lost in projects and get to dozens of emails daily but still fall short of getting to all of them sometimes. Zach does keep up with the support emails and we all answer and help people all day as best as possible. That’s why we’re still in business with 12 full time people supporting themselves and families. We are trying to have our "act together" so my apologies for the shortcoming with this inquiry from you.

The luthier discount code is "luthier discount" and you get 10 bucks off a set. Mahalo.

Thank you.

I love HMS. What other company monitors the forums connected with their field AND responds to issues openly?

Incidentally, I’ll be buying some UPTs soon, and you know what company I’ll buy them from.

I stated quite clearly that I had no problems with the product nor the shipping, my issue was with the poor communication .

I've had a hard time getting them to reply to emails as well. I sent them a message back on November (via their website contact form), with no reply. I sent another one a week or so later and finally got a reply (and an apology). When I asked some follow-up questions, I once again didn't get a reply. I gave up after that.

- FiL

I've had a hard time getting them to reply to emails as well. I sent them a message back on November (via their website contact form), with no reply. I sent another one a week or so later and finally got a reply (and an apology). When I asked some follow-up questions, I once again didn't get a reply. I gave up after that.

- FiL

Yes, and this is clearly not an isolated incident, I think Andrew should promote one of his twelve full time employees to official email answering officer thus eliminating the problem.

Anyway I'm done with this subject, time to move on.

- FiL

you can always call Andrew directly on his cell 808 781 9168.....if you look on the website all the employees have their cell number listed....hopefully you will now call Andrew directly....

p.s. they will be at NAMM soon but he should be able to answer your questions

I have had good luck calling them. Spoke with Corey a few times and Aaron once. Zach is slow to get back to you but they ship on time. And take returns.

On average we answer about 100 emails a day from our store accounts so I know people are being communicated with in that format. We’ll keep trying to improve. Oh btw, sorry about the Pooper account I made this morning with the rave review. I thought it was obvious enough to be funny but, you know, maybe not.

On average we answer about 100 emails a day from our store accounts so I know people are being communicated with in that format. We’ll keep trying to improve. Oh btw, sorry about the Pooper account I made this morning with the rave review. I thought it was obvious enough to be funny but, you know, maybe not.

I thought it was funny Andrew!

It was funny, but unfortunately it was also against the rules (UU Rule #4) so I had to delete the joke account.

No duplicate/secondary accounts, guys. Not even in the cause of comedy.

Have a nice day.

First emails and now rules? That’s a lot of reading. Nah, but i did just read the rules, my bad, and makes sense. Thanks for doing what you do buddhuu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom