Enya EUS-X1 soprano with sound port!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
I'm just testing whether anyone is interested in this uke. I've had it since this summer. I was not happy with the fatness of the neck, nor with the amount of sound I could get out of it, so I fixed both issues.

I sanded down the neck till it approximated my Kiwaya in terms of shape and thickness. I'm not saying it's identical, but it's similar and it's quite comfortable. I then finished it according to suggestions I gleaned from the luthiers' forum. It looks good.

Next I put in a sound port. I used a hole saw bit (not sure about the technical name) and it came out with a small divot that was OK, but not professional looking. It also didn't change the sound. So I want at it with my Dremel tool, enlarging the circular hole into a long oval. Surprisingly, that bit extra of the hole immediately changed the sound, and it's now acceptable in terms of loudness. I think it's about average--not a cannon, and not soft.

When I finished all that I realized that I had had all the fun I wanted to with this ukulele. It's hugely improved over its beginning, but I still don't like it that much. So I'm testing whether anyone is interested.

I'd like $85 shipped--PayPal friends and family, or add 3% to the price. If you don't use PayPal, I'm sure we can work that out.

IMG_20180118_151055.jpgIMG_20180121_121721.jpgIMG_20180121_121707.jpgIMG_20180117_200115.jpgIMG_20180117_200143.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I’m game:)

My email is (rohiguchi@seattleschools.org)

Let me know yours and I will PayPal you :)

Looks like HPL... and that would be great!

Thanks Rod, it will be in the mail today.

Teri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom