Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenor Ukulele slipping

Default Tenor Ukulele slipping

Hi Ukulele world,
    I just got my Cordoba 25T CE ( its a tenor Ukulele) in the mail today and I noticed right away how it was slipping from my arms, especially when I go to a D7 chord. Is this generally a problem with the Ukulele or my grip?
    A couple of years ago I had experience with a Kala concert Ukulele and I don't remember it slipping like this.
    Thank You!

You need to get a strap. I've installed strap buttons on many of my ukes, one on the heel of the neck, the other in the base of the body, like a guitar. Some people attach the strap to the head with a string.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini bass electric guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 01-25-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    You need to get a strap. I've installed strap buttons on many of my ukes, one on the heel of the neck, the other in the base of the body, like a guitar. Some people attach the strap to the head with a string.
    What he said.

You might need to try a strap, as noted above.
    First though, maybe try some different playing positions. Watch some videos on youtube of how various people hold them and see if you can find a way that works for you.
    *Taking a hiatus here for now or perhaps not participating anymore at all in the future either. I'm not positive. It's not because I have anything against anyone here or the site or anything like that. Nor am I mad or upset about anything at all here. I've enjoyed this site a lot. It's just something I need to do.*
    <><

Thank you for the replies! I don't really want to drill a hole in my brand new Cordoba Ukulele. IS there a non-drill option?

Hi guys, so It was a positioning problem for me. I brought the sound hole down towards my fretting hand. It will take some getting use to but it stays.
    Thanks anyway!

I've used some non slip grippy material on my lap, and I also masking taped piece to the back of the uke. Works great!

If you decide to use a strap the Mobius strap is an excellent drill free option.

If not a Mobius strap, there are uke strap options that grip through the sound hole (much like a classical guitar strap). D'Addario is introducing one at the NAMM convention soon. I've installed strap buttons on most of my ukes, but before I did that, this type of strap was fine.
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Koa soprano Flea Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert Lanakai LU-21 baritone

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jesus View Post
    Thank you for the replies! I don't really want to drill a hole in my brand new Cordoba Ukulele. IS there a non-drill option?
    When I had the same problem I looked at the available options and wound up inventing my own solution. The Mobius Strap is the only no-drill strap I'm aware of that gives true hands-free support. You can check it out at http://www.mobiusstrap.com.
    Tim Mullins

Soprano: 20s Martin Style 1
    Concert: Kamaka HF-2L+
    Tenor: 40s Martin 1T

Give your ukulele truly hands-free support
    -- with no modification to your instrument.
    Mobius Strap: A Ukulele Strap with a New Twist

Thread Information