Cordoba 25T....new strings?

4Jesus

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I bought a Cordoba 25T and It arrived yesterday. I'm having fun, Minus the callused fingers that I have to rebuild! It sounds pretty good except for some buzz. Would new strings be a waste of money?

Thanks Underground :cool:

So looking for strings, 5 bucks isn't bad. I decided that I'd really like to have a Low G string on my Cordoba 25Tenor
I'm looking at getting these strings. AQUILA 53117 Low G Tenor Ukulele Strings
Yes No?

Yes those would be a good string to try, Oasis warm low G is another. They might not solve your buzzing problem though but will give a very different sound

Last edited:
I'll second what Dave said. Trying different strings is always a good starting point. However, you might still have to figure out what is causing that buzz: Is it just one string hitting a fret when you press at a certain position, or is the action too low for your kind of attack? Is it a lose tuner that is ratteling, or something inside the body, a lose brace perhaps? If there is a structural problem with the uke, you might want to think about returning it...

There can be a few different things causing your buzz, One might be as simple as the humidity. You say it just arrived, and during the colder, drier winter months, a uke sitting on a truck might not be the optimal condition for it. Consider your options with whomever you purchased the uke, or have a set up done locally.

That being said, yes, experiment with strings. They are pretty affordable and can really change the sound of a uke...and it's just fun. Strings are subjective, so there is no wrong answer there. My fav's are D'Addario EJ99T and Savarez, both fluorocarbon strings.

Enjoy that Cordoba!

Top Bottom