Stevie Wonder - Superstition

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi troops,
I’m not a great guitar player or ‘singist’ (lol) but I’ve just started to look at learning to play Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition” - not finger style, but a version I can amuse myself singing along to - and I’m having great trouble getting the whole thing into my head/fingers ESPECIALLY the ‘riff’ and ‘groove’ of the piece.
Can any of you give me any tips or point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.
Luv n stuff, Dave

My sincerest of apologies ampeep - I wasn't ignoring your taking the time to respond to my request, I just hadn't seen it until just this second.
Thanks for the tip my friend.
I just watched the video on the link you posted and its great...a bit beyond my meagre talents though methinks...as I've discovered is the whole song.
I think I'll be sticking to a three chord 'Kumbya' for the foreseeable future. lol
Regards, Dave

Dave, no apologies needed. Superstition is a tough song to play, especially solo - seems very different from your other songs. BTW, great jobs with your videos!

My UK connection is limited to my Blackstar Fly3 Bass amp & our 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers which we feel are the best doggies in the world.

It appears that Hawaii is halfway around the world from you.

Aloha, Keith

Indeed it is Keith my friend. Hawaii is a place I’ve always wanted to visit, yet never have. Still, I am a big fan of the original 5-0 on TV so I know all about it (lol), and I’m still ‘only’ 61 years old (jeeze....where have all those years gone?) so I’ll hopefully have time to pop over sometime soon.
My daughter also owns a Staffie so would no doubt agree with you.
Thanks for your kind comments re my silly videos as well. I just do it for the fun. I wish I was much better, but then I suppose many who love playing and singing do. It matters not to me. I just love watching and listening to anyone enjoying themselves making music - whatever their ‘skill level’ compared to others. It should just all be about gaining pleasure from it I feel.
Lovely to ‘chat’ matey.
Regards, Dave

Hi Dave,

Thing have certainly changed in the 40 years since the original 5-0! Used to work in a market & Jack Lord would occasionally come in to get groceries.

I commend you daughter in having excellent judgement in dogs.

You’re 4 yrs younger than me - I admire you for putting together the videos. You mentioned a group a few months back; was wondering how that was going.

Take care,
Keith

Top Bottom