Ukulele Related News from NAMM 2018

Rainer: I don't plan on going back either. Sorry.

One of things I enjoy about NAMM is seeing the new products being introduced or products that I didn't know existed.
This is a stomp box by Ohana.
IMG_1070.jpg

Mitsuba is a Japanese manufacturer that has moved their factory to Hawaii.
IMG_1076.jpg

Here is a ukulele hanger called Pub Prop made by a UK company. Their website is www.stones-music.co.uk
IMG_1118.jpg

Here is another ukulele/guitar hanger made by John Pearse called the D'angle. It looks flimsy but it actually holds the instrument very securely. They told me it even keep an instrument secured during an earthquake. I bought one at the show.
IMG_1096.jpg

Here is the new Fishman Loudbox mini that can run on batteries
IMG_1093.jpg

Martin introduced new strings made from graphite gray polygut (whatever than is) which they claim have excellent tuning stability, warm clear tone, added sustain and projection.
IMG_1082.jpg

One of things I enjoy about NAMM is seeing the new products being introduced or products that I didn't know existed.
This is a stomp box by Ohana.
View attachment 106248
Hmm, an object the same size and shape as a ukulele you put on the floor and step on. What could possibly go wrong? :eek:

Some non-ukulele new products.

A folding electric guitar. Not only the neck folds, the headstock also folds. Has a nice aluminum case.
IMG_1088.jpg

This chair has adjustable leg heights and back rest. It is made in Sweden, I believe and distributed by John Pearse. It costs about $450!
IMG_1097.jpg

This is a drum trainer. It helps to keep you in the right playing position. It is made by a UK company called Tone Alley. Their website is www.tonealley.co.uk.
IMG_1100.jpg

Last edited:
Some non-ukulele new products.

A folding electric guitar. Not only the neck folds, the headstock also folds. Has a nice aluminum case.
View attachment 106256

This chair has adjustable leg heights and back rest. It is made in Sweden, I believe and distributed by John Pearse. It costs about $450!
View attachment 106257

This is a drum trainer. It helps to keep you in the right playing position. It is made by a UK company called Tone Alley. Their website is www.tonealley.co.uk.
View attachment 106258

Thanks again for everything you contributed.

I am a bit dyslexic and your first line read " a folding electric chair".........:wtf:

Hmm, an object the same size and shape as a ukulele you put on the floor and step on. What could possibly go wrong? :eek:

:rotfl:

Seriously guys I know trade shows are hard work if you need to be there, thanks for the updates

Thanks for reporting back, Luke and Eddie!

I found another picture of the Ohana Tenor Guitar: https://www.instagram.com/p/BednT7OHSI-/?taken-by=ohanaukuleles

I'm just gonna throw out some questions that crossed my mind about the models I'm most interested in:

Scale length and nut width of the Ohana Tenor Guitar? Radius or flat fretboard?

Scale length and nut width of the Ohana All Solid Mahogany Pineapple Sopranissimo?

Price tag of the KoAloha Opio D-VI Guitalele?

Price tags of the Romero Creations Replica Tenors and ST Concert models?

Last edited:
Thanks for reporting back, Luke and Eddie!

I found another picture of the Ohana Tenor Guitar: https://www.instagram.com/p/BednT7OHSI-/?taken-by=ohanaukuleles

I'm just gonna throw out some questions that crossed my mind about the models I'm most interested in:

Scale length and nut width of the Ohana Tenor Guitar?

Scale length and nut width of the Ohana All Solid Mahogany Pineapple Sopranissimo?

Price tag of the KoAloha Opio D-VI Guitalele?

Price tags of the Romero Creations Replica Tenors and ST Concert models?

Hey Rainer I see six string in the picture you referenced as the Ohana tenor guitar, did you attach the wrong picture. You know my curiousity gets peaked big time when "tenor guitar" gets mentioned.

Hey Rainer I see six string in the picture you referenced as the Ohana tenor guitar, did you attach the wrong picture. You know my curiousity gets peaked big time when "tenor guitar" gets mentioned.

Dave, the link goes to a series of three pictures. Use the arrow on the right to skip to the third picture, there's the Tenor Guitar. I too, am pretty excited about this as there are lots of features I like: Spruce top, gloss finish, slotted headstock, and best of all: it looks like a wider than average fretboard which is more familiar to ukulele players like us.

Here is a ukulele hanger called Pub Prop made by a UK company. Their website is www.stones-music.co.uk
I'd like a couple of these but there is no dealer yet in Canada.
Mark Pugh, from Stones Music, has said he will ship as many as I want and suggests I ask around to see if any one else near me ie Toronto area, is interested, to share shipping costs etc.
Let me know ......
Robin

Dave, the link goes to a series of three pictures. Use the arrow on the right to skip to the third picture, there's the Tenor Guitar. I too, am pretty excited about this as there are lots of features I like: Spruce top, gloss finish, slotted headstock, and best of all: it looks like a wider than average fretboard which is more familiar to ukulele players like us.

Thanks Rainer, I am a little slow on the up take:eek:

I do like the looks, spruce top.....oh yea. Now if it has a radius fretboard, which my Blueridge does.

Some better photos of Ohana's "stubby" short scale baritone/large body tenor. Looks like a Spruce top with Acacia back and sides, very shiny gloss finish, slotted headstock, and a dark rosette (maybe Ebony?):

https://www.facebook.com/ohanaukes/photos/pcb.2084856324863053/2084856194863066/?type=3&theater

Ohana also posted a short video of one of their guitars, this is a six string, not the Tenor Guitar mentioned above:

https://www.facebook.com/ohanaukes/videos/vb.128194303862608/2086542388027780/?type=2&theater

I'd like a couple of these but there is no dealer yet in Canada.
Mark Pugh, from Stones Music, has said he will ship as many as I want and suggests I ask around to see if any one else near me ie Toronto area, is interested, to share shipping costs etc.
Let me know ......
Robin

You can always count me in, I will ask the others.

Top Bottom