Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recording to improve playing???

I am a big fan of the Zoom h2n. I have had one for a couple of years now and have used it frequently. The batteries last for a long time and very simple to use. I also use it when recording video. I use the free windows video editing software to add the audio to the video.

Yes, it's very helpful. I started with an H2 Zoom. I then simply bought a USB mic that I can use with my phone or computer, running Garageband. It's a lot easier because I don't have to transfer files and things. You can buy a half-decent mic for around $100.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

As an aside, for those with an iPhone, Apple has an app called music memos.
    Ideal for quick and not so dirty recordings. Once recorded you can add percussion or bass or both to the recording! We use it to record new songs, then use that to rehearse with when we are not together.
    Details here:
    https://www.apple.com/uk/music-memos/
    h

I use this app, too, for recording new songs I'm writing before I forget them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hms View Post
    As an aside, for those with an iPhone, Apple has an app called music memos.
    Ideal for quick and not so dirty recordings. Once recorded you can add percussion or bass or both to the recording! We use it to record new songs, then use that to rehearse with when we are not together.
    Details here:
    https://www.apple.com/uk/music-memos/
    h
    Tiny Tenor TT-SM 5028
    Kiwaya KTC-2

I got a program to record and then burn CDS. My mother in law wanted a CD of hymns on the ukulelee. I recorded about 10. In playing back I could really tell the difference between the ones I payed a lot and the ones I just learned to fill out the CD. I thought all we from good the acceptable. Some the " acceptable" ones were pretty choppy when played back.

Thread Information