eBay Live Auction

Yes there have been Ebay live auctions. And yes......I purchased this ukulele previously via an Ebay live auction and returned it about a year ago. The description has been changed since I purchased it. The auction house that has it was really great and the folks are nice to work with. I think they did not realize the serious modifications that had been done to the uke.

Hey all! Hope this bit of info helps the people on this forum and those in the future if this uke surfaces again! :)

I was also going to go for this one but @rpfrogner a collector of the Oliver Ditson Style Martins really saved the day! Thanks! There was just too much going against this one with all the discrepancies in overall look when studied closely (from what I was told and studied myself based on pics). I had spent a good solid 10hrs doing research on this piece and it looks to undoubtedly be a Frankensteined piece! It is just to unclear what to think about this one and no real proof of it being authentic and far too many modifications which rpfrogner verified personally while he had it his possession previously just a year ago!

Also, I had personally reached out to the owners of the AWESOME Oliver Ditson Co. website and for what its worth I got reply back and they even said they would not want to personally own this piece!

I had even signed up for the auction) prior to my findings and was given the chance to bid on the live auction but just watched and chose not to based on the intel I received about this uke in-particular.

The auction house apprised it from $500-$800 but it sold for whopping $2250.00 btw!

Let's see if it re-surfaces yet again I am sure after the person who receives it gets to look it over in person as I am sure this winning bid was an online bidder! With no clear description on the condition and any kind of authenticity on the piece (which is shady to me) I am sure it is just a matter of time. Especially for that price!

So @rpfrogner did this sell for more or less what you paid at that time? Just curious?

It is discouraging to know that they have re-auctioned this ukulele without disclosing the modifications. This seems a clearly unethical practice. I'd be wary of them no matter how nice the people seem.

"Item not as described" is gonna really hurt after forking over twenty-two hundred bucks.

It is discouraging to know that they have re-auctioned this ukulele without disclosing the modifications. This seems a clearly unethical practice. I'd be wary of them no matter how nice the people seem.

"Item not as described" is gonna really hurt after forking over twenty-two hundred bucks.

Buyer beware!!!

Hey all! Hope this bit of info helps the people on this forum and those in the future if this uke surfaces again! :)

I was also going to go for this one but @rpfrogner a collector of the Oliver Ditson Style Martins really saved the day! Thanks! There was just too much going against this one with all the discrepancies in overall look when studied closely (from what I was told and studied myself based on pics). I had spent a good solid 10hrs doing research on this piece and it looks to undoubtedly be a Frankensteined piece! It is just to unclear what to think about this one and no real proof of it being authentic and far too many modifications which rpfrogner verified personally while he had it his possession previously just a year ago!

Also, I had personally reached out to the owners of the AWESOME Oliver Ditson Co. website and for what its worth I got reply back and they even said they would not want to personally own this piece!

I had even signed up for the auction) prior to my findings and was given the chance to bid on the live auction but just watched and chose not to based on the intel I received about this uke in-particular.

The auction house apprised it from $500-$800 but it sold for whopping $2250.00 btw!

Let's see if it re-surfaces yet again I am sure after the person who receives it gets to look it over in person as I am sure this winning bid was an online bidder! With no clear description on the condition and any kind of authenticity on the piece (which is shady to me) I am sure it is just a matter of time. Especially for that price!

So @rpfrogner did this sell for more or less what you paid at that time? Just curious?

Very very close, yes.

Top Bottom