Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 311 - Kisses

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    i believe lucinda wrote it and it was on an earlier album by her, but mary's cover was a huge hit and really got lucinda williams noticed as a songwriter and the success of that cover opened up doors for her in the music business, so all power to the both of them, it's a wonderful song whichever way you shake it up!
    There you go, Jim. Told you there'd be a third, and you'd say "did LW write that ?" She surely did :-)
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

This is "A Blind Step Away", a minimalist Richard Thompson song about a game of blind man's bluff, from the first French Frith Kaiser Thompson album.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

You know, I started out thinking this theme was limiting, or at least I found it that way for me. But you guys are killing it with your choices.

I wanted to try and do this one standing up, so that I could include an overly long neck tie, but I couldn’t get the uke comfortable so you’ll have to just imagine. Hard to believe that this was released in 1988 (from They Might Be Giants, Lincoln).

Obviously no pressure Matt, but if you find something you want to play please share! There’s always room for one more.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Default 311-2

My wife was watching Sleepless In Seattle and this song was in the beginning of the movie. I heard the work Kiss in it and knew my song number two for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Chittum View Post
    You know, I started out thinking this theme was limiting, or at least I found it that way for me. But you guys are killing it with your choices.
    this week has been a classic example, for me, of how my seasons brain operates, and how the seasons work for me! when i read the theme i had a song pop straight into my head, i tried to resist it but couldn't! lol! so that was my first song. then i went a-looking online for other songs that fit the theme, and found an absolute gem, a new-to-me song by a singer i love, so that was a delight to do! that was my two songs done, but the theme keeps working on your brain throughout the week regardless, and i had an idea for a homemade song develop, and did it just for kicks, as i'd already done my two for the week. i think the brain work/research side of the seasons is great, and like rex said, sometimes as well you just happen to hear a song and think OH gosh that fits the theme! it's great! i also get my parents and a pal of mine who is really into music, she's an expert on punk rock but also knows a whole bunch of other stuff too, in on the act, they come up with great song ideas!
    lynda

I should definitely pick more brains than my own feeble one. Good advice!

Here's a cover of a Charlie Pride hit. I added an plugged-in uke and a piano.

Randy - Harry122

Greetings,

I just heard the most beautiful cover of Last Kiss by Pearl Jam on the radio, so tomorrow I will try to lay it down. I think many artists covered this one before but the vocals on the Pearl Jam version are fab. Worth a listen.

"Keep myself away, how am I gonna keep myself away from me" (Counting Crows)

using top four strings of my Guitarlele tuned in E cause I hav'nt got a baratone

Thread Information