Season 311 - Kisses

my second submission Jim,
an original improvised instrumental I recorded just now on the baritone uke
inspired by 'Love's Philosophy', a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley
and this lovely animated film
super week brother, thank you

For those of you old enough to remember the film Casablanca

This is the song I was listening to that gave me the idea for this theme.

Tom Tom Club was a side project for bassist Tina Weymouth and drummer Chris Frantz from Talking Heads.

Last edited:
Brief interruption: The wrap-up video for Season 310 is up. Now back to our regularly scheduled Kiss-cam.

I can’t seem to get it to post as a video. All it shows though is the words to the song (that’s all it is anyway)Maybe somebody can help me? I’ve done this before I don’t know why it’s not working.

Lucinda Williams - New Yorker Radio Hour Podcast

There's been at least 4 Lucinda Williams covers this Season. After the first two, Jim commented that he'd never heard one of her songs at before this Season.
If you're interested in hearing more about LW, she featured in a New Yorker Radio Hour podcast last summer, in a double feature with James Taylor. If you want to have a listen, here's a link:

New Yorker Radio Hour: Summer Music Festival with James Taylor and Lucinda Williams

It's no longer available (AFAIK) for download on iTunes unfortunately, but you can still get it from WNYC. LW comes on about 36 minutes in.

WNYC: Summer Music Festival with James Taylor & Lucinda Williams

If you haven't come across the New Yorker Radio Hour Podcast previously, it comes highly recommended. Recent podcasts include interviews with Nick Lowe, Bruce Springsteen and Leonard Cohen (his last ever radio interview).
You can subscribe via iTunes, WNYC, TuneIn or Stitcher.

About my favorite album of 2012 was by Melody Prochet, who records under the name Melody's Echo Chamber. This is my favorite song from the album, "Bisou Magique", which translates as "magic kiss".

I was going to do this song for a Season last year. The song has a keyboard arpeggio going all through it. I couldn't get a take where I played the arpeggio right all the way, because the keyboard chords don't translate well to the four ukulele strings. I have a keyboard and software that I should have been able to record the arpeggio on the keyboard and multi-track, but since I got the computer fixed I don't have the keyboard and computer communicating right. And of course, I don't know how to use the software I own. There's always that.

My voice held up just enough to record this earlier. Still working on Florence.

Without this theme of kisses I would never have attempted to learn this song. And it is so beautiful. And complicated. It took hours to figure it out and to learn the vocals. And of course there's mistakes. But thank you for your inspired choice of themes. I really enjoyed working on this lovely song for your season.

A week ago I was going crook because I wasn't watching enough entries, and I said I was going to try to remedy it this week. Guess what? The week went by and I haven't had the time to watch any one's entries, and barely had time to put a rough one together. Oh well, next week...I hope

Season 311 has now ended. Thanks, everyone! There were 61 videos this Season by 40 people.

Top Bottom