Season 311 - Kisses

Here's a Vaselines song Nirvana covered.

Probably the antithesis of a Jim Seasons vid. 2 chords and the same verse and chorus throughout. A lot of fun to play though.

I'll have to show my daughter Molly this one. She always hates that she's met more dogs named Molly than people in her lifetime. I don't know how she feels about songs about Mollys.

I'll have to show my daughter Molly this one. She always hates that she's met more dogs named Molly than people in her lifetime. I don't know how she feels about songs about Mollys.

Hadn't even considered That!

Kings of Leon do a good Molly song too.

I have carefully avoided buying any albums by Flogging Molly.

There's lots of old folk songs about Mollys.

Here’s a song for kids about kissing girls without permission.

Still I Long For Your Kiss

A Lucinda Williams number, from 'Car Wheels On A Gravel Road':

Someone phoned me up about 3 minutes in. I was hoping the ringtone wouldn't get picked up. I was wrong. Still, it does add a little light relief to the solo :)

Molly is of course a diminutive of Mary, so she's not quite as alone as she might fear :)

I have carefully avoided buying any albums by Flogging Molly.

There's lots of old folk songs about Mollys.

An Richard Thompson had his Red Molly on his Vincent Black Lightening... what could be cooler than that?

A song released by the great Pearl Jam in 1999, Last Kiss ...
Thanks to our own Recovering Bassist, whom informed me about an earlier version, I was able to find out this song is originally Written by Wayne Cochran in 1961, and also performed by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers around 1965, and numerous other artists and bands over the decades.
There's a Link provided to some facts regarding the song in the description section underneath the video on YT if anyone is interested.

Happy Ukeing :)

Last edited:
Hi Jim! Thanks for the week ... it is amazing that no one has ever come up with this theme before! I have a feeling that this song will not be at all to your taste, but it was one of the first that I thought of.

It should have. The YouTube playlist says "311th". But I copied the Season 291 themepost to use as a starting point for this one, and only changed the number. It's fixed now.

Before picking you up on a grammar point, I should have noticed that I was missing an apostrophe + s in the second It's :eek:

If there's any "Mad Men" fans out there, know that "bisou" is French for "kiss".

Greetings,

As I continue to try to figure out this software, I have at least added a filter and a few double tracks to the song "Passionate Kisses" done by Mary Chapin Carpenter. It's a combo of the baritone and soprano uke.

Ciao

Top Bottom