New from Virginia

mike260

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the UU and the ukulele itself. I've played guitar a few years for my own enjoyment. In 2016, I injured my left hand at work. After several surgeries and lots of therapy, I'm playing a little bit again but it's difficult.

Recently I decided to give the ukulele a try, hoping it'd be more comfortable for my hand and maybe some of the chords would be a little easier. So far, I'm having a lot of fun learning and really enjoying myself.
Looking forward to being a member here and learning from all of you.

Welcome, and glad you have found the uke.

Welcome to the forums!! Ah yes, ukulele therapy :) I hope all works out well for you!

You 're just down the road from Mim's Ukes. She is up the hill near Meadows of Dan. Give her a call before you go, she goes to a lot of festivals.

Yes, her shop is about an hour away from my house. I just bought a ukulele from Mim last week. She got the setup done and got it to me right before she left for the NAMM show. She's a pleasure to deal with and the setup is perfect for me. I'll definitely do more business with her in the future.

Yes, her shop is about an hour away from my house. I just bought a ukulele from Mim last week. She got the setup done and got it to me right before she left for the NAMM show. She's a pleasure to deal with and the setup is perfect for me. I'll definitely do more business with her in the future.

I am jealous :) I am about four-five hours away.

What did you get? I've gotten a Kala tenor resonator and case, and a Kala travel concert in spalted maple from Mim.

What did you get? I've gotten a Kala tenor resonator and case, and a Kala travel concert in spalted maple from Mim.

I bought a KoAloha Opio concert from Mim. The Acacia wood really looks nice and it came with a pretty decent gig bag. I'll probably pick up a hard case for it soon.

Top Bottom