FS: Southern Cross banjo Uke Tenor Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
Just completed. Tenor scale open back banjo uke.
Main wood is Tasmanian Blackwood. Feature ring is Purple Heart and Claret Ash. Neck is TB laminated with a skunk stripe of Purple Heart and Claret Ash. Fingerboard PH with TB fet markers.
Top quality hardware used throughout, ex Rickard Banjos Canada. Gotoh planetary geared tuners, Aquila strings.

Last price reduction.

US $975.00 plus shipping

Video/sound sample
https://youtu.be/ylVEdI7H9QE

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 170
  • img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 110
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 126
  • img4.jpg
    img4.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 123
  • img5.jpg
    img5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Dang, Dennis, that's a beaut! :drool:

Geez....if I could afford it, that would be my dream banjouke!
Very nice.

Absolute stunner, Dennis. Pleased you've done away with the headstock overlay logo.
Sure you'll sell it quick mate; I wish I could afford such a high quality instrument.

Photos

More photos added.

Attachments

• img7.jpg
    img7.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 36
  • img8.jpg
    img8.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 39
  • img9.jpg
    img9.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 36
  • img6.jpg
    img6.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 34
Wow. That thing is gorgeous. LOTS of intricate work in all of that woodwork.

I'm with Nickie. That would be my dream banjo uke if I had the money!

Well done!

The more I look at this one, the more I like it. Is it safe to say this is your best yet? Looking forward to the sound sample video.

I'd have a hard time picking between this and a Beansprout. If there's a better banjo uke builder out there than you two, I haven't seen them.

The more I look at this one, the more I like it. Is it safe to say this is your best yet? Looking forward to the sound sample video.

I'd have a hard time picking between this and a Beansprout. If there's a better banjo uke builder out there than you two, I haven't seen them.

Thanks Jim. I think that after nearly fifty odd instruments I am getting the hang of it. Yes, I believe that I have not made anything better than this one. And Aaron is the reason I build banjo ukes, he is my mentor (without knowing it)
If my builds are at the " beansprout" level I am a happy man.

Video/sound sample added

Video/sound sample added

Just out of curiosity, what is your typical setup like, 12th fret action for example? Also, if someone wanted the option of a low G setup, what would that involve? Would you need a second nut, bridge, and/or tailpiece?

Just out of curiosity, what is your typical setup like, 12th fret action for example? Also, if someone wanted the option of a low G setup, what would that involve? Would you need a second nut, bridge, and/or tailpiece?

Hi Jim, never done a low G so would have to investigate, can't imagine it would be too difficult. Bridge and tailpiece should be ok, not sure about the nut.
Action is 1/8th inch or 4 mm at the 12th fret, bridge is a smidgen over 1/2 inch. Hope this helps

Free shipping

Now US $1100 including free shipping worldwide!

I’ve no idea of who’s best or even if it matters at these levels of quality but the George Formby society have a reputation for being selective and have a recommended supplier : http://www.georgeformby.co.uk/dennis_taylor/site/Page_44_Cartwright.htm

As far as I know Mr C doesn’t advertise and is very hard to contact.

Most if not all Formby wannabes only play certain types of banjo ukes, almost never open backs that I build.
As far as them having a prefered supplier, I have never heard of that, nor does their website say that. And, even if it did what does that have to do with this thread or my instrument?

Last and only price reduction.

US $975.00 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom