Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm bored

Oh, god, I hope I'm not boring!
    That's a fate worse than dying.
    In fact, it's a form of death.
    I did get a trio of cheapie harmonicas from Sam Ash the other day.
    I want to at least play the intro of the Beatles Please Please Me.
    Not playing ukulele isn't an option, our band has gigs, but I do take a day off now and then. (We have 4 gigs the week of St Patties Day)
    I do look forward to our Saturday rehearsals, but I make a lot of mistakes (that's where they get corrected) because I don't practice the songs at home enough. Too boring. Yesterday I couldn't play a short run of notes I'm supposed to know. I blamed it on a very bad pounding headache.
    I did buy the book "Music Theory for Practical People" which I pick up when I'm tired of playing. It's fascinating!
    Our club's 1st celebration of World Ukulele Day last Friday was a welcome distraction. I worked my butt off from 3PM till 10PM in the park.
    Yes, ukulele has pretty much been my life since I quit nursing. Nursing pays better (haha) but I don't enjoy it. I do help one of our members out who is ill some days.
    I also attend church and a weekly class of a study of A Course In Miracles, not a hobby, but an attitude adjustment.

I still need to paint the dining room....
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I still need to paint the dining room....
    What could be more boring than that......
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Nicky, do like the music that your groups are playing? Is it stuff you don't really care for or stuff you're sick of? I don't tire easily of playing tunes I really like, they don't really get old to me. But I found that in many of the group's I was participating in were playing songs I really didn't care for much or at least not that much.

Ya know, bunny, that's a good point.
    Some of the songs, I couldn't care less if I ever hear/play again.
    Most of them I really love though.
    There are some other songs I'd really like to do, but the other members don't like em.
    I do those myself in open mic.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information