Hello all :)

OzzyyzzO

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello all,
I trust you are all well, and thank you, in advance, to those who took their precious time, from their lives, to read my intro.

I am a New Yorker; Rockaway Beach to be precise. I am a retired NYC fireman turned MSW; currently working on my clinical hours... I occasionally volunteer with Blue Star Families, and consider myself to be lucky to be a Sierra Club Outdoor Military Leader.

I am fairly new to the Uke world; however, I have been lurking around this site for several months now. I appreciate the many benefits this community is affording others; including, myself and my family. As a result, and out of respect, I elected to buy an annual membership and to finally create a profile.

I am here to learn and grow. The site has thus far taught me several things. But, one of the biggest things it taught me is that it appears that Uke - ing is a very healthy and a shared interest of many. I have also learned that Uke's are as varied as personalities. Recently, I traveled around from store to store, strumming the few Uke chords I know, and was met with lots of different feels and sounds; as well as annoying sales people pushing their stuff... Anyway, sorry for the small rant, I could not help but remember the few posts scattered around concerning Flea and Fluke Uke's... Yet, I came very close to buying an Oscar Schmidt, but recently placed an order for two Uke's; a Flea and a Fluke; one for my son (eight years old) and one for me. I plan to learn with him and for us to go forth as positive Uke ambassadors, but ambassadors who still have a lot to learn. I should say that I was afforded an opportunity to play a KoAloha Tenor Uke, and I must say that if I stick with this Uke Ing that in a few years time a KoAloha Tenor would be my dream Uke gift...

Moreover, I feel that my post has a few humblebrags scattered throughout, and if we met face to face, initially anyway, I would be quite until we knew one another better, yet friendly, and probably would not share as much as I have here. But, I went ahead and put it all out there. Finally, what I want most is to respectively learn the culture of Ukulele; to share it with you and especially my son. Be well, thank you for reading, and see you around :)

Welcome aboard. :)

If you are up for a bit of reading, there is a thread about those ukes on here. ;)
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?93637-The-Magic-Fluke-Company-Appreciation-thread

Hey Croaky, Thanks! I am very familiar with that whole thread, and I appreciate the thought. As an aside, I received a personal call from The Magic Fluke family, concerning my order. I will post a thread concerning my whole Fluke/Flea order once I get them. The sneak peak thus far is: Superbness!

It's an honor to have one of New York's bravest join us. Welcome aboard my brother.

Wow IFoo6952. Real warm and respectful welcome - thanks! I've been out a few years now and miss the brotherhood! Are you a fireman out in Cali?

Lapyang. thanks.... I appreciate the recognition. I have lots of innate empathy, but I think 9/11 is what really pushed me towards my new career. Imagine I create a trauma group where we all jam on Uke's???????? That's something our society needs: lots of group Uke playing, regardless if it's for fun or therapy....

Six years later:

My son isn’t playing, but I have been.

I now have a KoAloha, a Mya-Moe, a Pono Baritone (my favorite), and I have a Ko’Olau being made.

I’m friendly with Uncle Kimo Hussey and love him. I’m connected with: TheKanikapilaProject.

Part of an organization that is growing a Ukulele group of First Responders and ex-military members.

The ukulele has brought me lots of love and the ability to share love with others. I’m so grateful. I truly hope you find that too.

I’m also super excited for my Redwood top, Macassar Ebony back and sides Ko’Olau Baritone next year :) So excited! It will be named Kimo Hussey; excited Uncle Kimo gave me his blessings to do so. The uke will be the most rational and friendly ukulele there is; like he himself and will love a life of sharing Aloha.

I’m so blessed

Thanks for the update, OzzyyzzO. Glad to hear how joyous your ukulele journey is turning out to be. And what a lovely collection of ukes you have brought - and continue to bring - into the fold. :)

I’m also super excited for my Redwood top, Macassar Ebony back and sides Ko’Olau Baritone next year :) So excited! It will be named Kimo Hussey; excited Uncle Kimo gave me his blessings to do so. The uke will be the most rational and friendly ukulele there is; like he himself and will love a life of sharing Aloha.
This is going to be amazing!! I'm excited to see and hear it. Any chance you could get the gents at TUS to record and share a sound sample for us? I need to look for a Ko'olau baritone sample... one doesn't come to mind!!

Top Bottom