Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case for Firefly banjo uke

Default Case for Firefly banjo uke

Can anyone recommend a hardshell case to fit a Firefly banjo uke? Thanks

I put a link to one in the Duke 10 thread six down from this one.
    Kind Regards
    Dennis

dpophotography@yahoo.co.nz
    Southern Cross Instruments
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by DPO View Post
    I put a link to one in the Duke 10 thread six down from this one.
    Thanks. I may need to go the construction route. The firefly only has a 8" head, but I guess I could pad one if I found one. I love the look of that Duke 10, but tenor is too big for my hands. I'm actually trying to trade a tenor for a concert Kala.

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    Can anyone recommend a hardshell case to fit a Firefly banjo uke? Thanks
    Which size FIREFLY do you have? I have the concert sized one and can fit it in a Kala banjo uke concert size case. It is not a perfect fit but it is a hardcase. The slot for the neck needs to be deeper so uke is seated level in case. There is more than enough room for the remohead. The uke also fits with a little room to spare all around the uke in the concert Mono case. This is my preferred case since it is more portable and has an outside pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Seahorse View Post
    Which size FIREFLY do you have? I have the concert sized one and can fit it in a Kala banjo uke concert size case. It is not a perfect fit but it is a hardcase. The slot for the neck needs to be deeper so uke is seated level in case. There is more than enough room for the remohead. The uke also fits with a little room to spare all around the uke in the concert Mono case. This is my preferred case since it is more portable and has an outside pocket.
    Thanks I'll look into it!

Magic Fluke has a TKL hardshell case (New for 2018) on their website. The write-up says it fits all fleas and fireflies. You may want to check out the pictures of it.

A couple of years ago, I posted this thread:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...efly-Banjo-Uke

I still use that case for my Firefly soprano.

-Kurt
    Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman G-I-T-D * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert *
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke * FireFly banjo uke
    Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22 * Kala KA-KTG-CT Cedar Top
    Cordoba 20TM * 1950's Harmony soprano *1920's era Stella banjo uke
    guitars and a 5-string banjo

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Uke View Post
    Magic Fluke has a TKL hardshell case (New for 2018) on their website. The write-up says it fits all fleas and fireflies. You may want to check out the pictures of it.
    Thanks. Missed it somehow.

I think the hardshell case is a very recent addition to the Magic Fluke accessories section (NAMM 2018?). Theyve had the gigbag "sleeves" on the site for quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Uke View Post
    I wondered if this case would really fit the Tenor Firefly, so I asked them. Just heard back that this hardshell case does NOT fit the Tenor Firefly, so they're going to correct the entry on their website.

Thread Information