Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case for Firefly banjo uke

Thanks for checking that out, Besley. Their write-up about the case makes it sound as though it fits all of the sizes of Fireflies, though I did wonder how the one size would fit all of their models. Did they say whether they plan to make one that fits the tenor Firefly?

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Uke View Post
    Thanks for checking that out, Besley. Their write-up about the case makes it sound as though it fits all of the sizes of Fireflies, though I did wonder how the one size would fit all of their models. Did they say whether they plan to make one that fits the tenor Firefly?
    No indication - just that they do not offer a hard case at this time.

Thanks everyone. I went to try both a soprano and concert last week and both of them seemed to have this odd buzzing to me. I was in a really good shop (they specialize in ukes) and even the guy there noticed it. Don't know if it's common the the Fireflies or if they're just off somehow.
    While I was there I actually picked up a spruce top Kala long neck that sounds almost more banjo-y. Then I found a guy selling one close to me for only $80. Lucky me!

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    Can anyone recommend a hardshell case to fit a Firefly banjo uke? Thanks
    I made one for mine. It cost over $100, though. : ) I used 1/4" plywood, so it was rather heavy. It looks nice, though, and it did the job - till I sold the Firefly.

If you're interested, I could send it to you if we can agree on a price.

I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow (if I remember )
    Last edited by Jerryc41; 02-15-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    Thanks everyone. I went to try both a soprano and concert last week and both of them seemed to have this odd buzzing to me. I was in a really good shop (they specialize in ukes) and even the guy there noticed it. Don't know if it's common the the Fireflies or if they're just off somehow.
    While I was there I actually picked up a spruce top Kala long neck that sounds almost more banjo-y. Then I found a guy selling one close to me for only $80. Lucky me!
    From what I've read, it's not unusual for banjos and banjo ukes to have some buzzing. Read a lot of reviews. I have a Duke 10 and a Gold Tone, and I'm not bothered by any buzzing. Maybe it's there, and maybe it isn't, but I like the sound of both of them.

tsk tsk
    This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

Thread Information