Happy World Ukulele Day!

RafterGirl

Reaction score
Happy WUD everyone. Grab your uke & make somebody smile today. Make yourself smile. Strum your heart out & spread the uke love :love:

Thanks RafterGirl - It's not only World Ukulele Day, it's Groundhog Day in the US and Canada. Oh yes, it's also my birthday! How can it get any better than this? (That would be a Hat Trick in hockey).

Last edited:
Well, whichever day it is, & I didn't even know it was, I did take my uke out & play a couple of tunes on it today. ;)

(....& happy b'day Don.) :)

Thanks RafterGirl - It's not only World Ukulele Day, it's Groundhog Day in the US and Canada. Oh yes, it's also my birthday! How can it get any better than this? (That would be a Hat Trick in hockey).

Happy birthday, bundle up, 6 more weeks of winter.

This is bittersweet for me. In my city there were 7 ukulele circles getting together to play and celebrate World Ukulele Day. I was really looking forward to it but unfortunately we had a winter storm today and the roads are terrible. Between 6 am and 4 pm there were nearly 200 car accidents reported to police, so I'm staying home instead of risking the 30+ minute drive to the event. :(

But I will play a few tunes tonight by myself, and I hope everyone else had a wonderful and safe World Ukulele Day!

Played my brand new Lanikai Thinline Figured Bocote tenor A/E cutaway today, practicing for the acoustic Meetup I attend on Sundays in a park from 12-2 (then off to an annual Super Bowl party).

Lanikai Thinline Bocote.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini bass electric guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Played my brand new Lanikai Thinline Figured Bocote tenor A/E cutaway today, practicing for the acoustic Meetup I attend on Sundays in a park from 12-2 (then off to an annual Super Bowl party).

Lanikai Thinline Bocote.jpg

[/URL]

That is a real beauty!

Thanks. At first I was looking at the Kala Thinline for $329, then saw this with electronics and such nice wood, but was $399. A week or so later I saw it was on sale for $359 and went for it. Very happy.

Congrats Mike!
Happy BD uke don!

TBUS had its 1st ever World Ukulele Day concert in Dunedin FL yesterday, over 200 people attended in the cold and wind. We had a beginner workshop, Beatles jam, uke raffle (3) and TBUS CDs for sale, plus two food trucks. 4 bands played for us.

Top Bottom