Dionisio Aguado-Waltz Lesson 17

There are lots of videos with Sam Muir playing classical guitar pieces she has arranged for ukulele on Youtube, but none of this waltz by Dionisio Aguado.
So it was up to me to fill this void.

Thanks for the welcome, for the link and for the compliment!
You're right, this piece works well on the ukulele.

Welcome, Chris! Very nice! I really would love to have seen you playing it, though. I love to watch people's fingers and see how they are doing it.

And thanks, Campbell, for the tab - not that I will be able to play that for a looooong time . . .

Welcome, Chris! Very nice! I really would love to have seen you playing it, though. I love to watch people's fingers and see how they are doing it.

And thanks, Campbell, for the tab - not that I will be able to play that for a looooong time . . .

No worries Jan, here's my video if you'd like to see the fingering. I have also listed the fingerings in the transcription.

Sounds nice, Camsuke! Me too, I should get a bariton one of these days.
I've noticed that you play the quick third parallels in the second part as slides.
Picking them in time seemed to me the most difficult part of this piece.
But, if you execute the slides as smoothly as you do, slides are also fine.

Me too, I like to watch people's fingers, Chopped Liver. But I do my recordings away from my computer on a
little stand-alone Tascam machine. I'd rather concentrate on my playing instead of worrying
about filming mayself. But maybe, I'll get a camera someday...

Sounds nice, Camsuke! Me too, I should get a bariton one of these days.
I've noticed that you play the quick third parallels in the second part as slides.
Picking them in time seemed to me the most difficult part of this piece.
But, if you execute the slides as smoothly as you do, slides are also fine.

Me too, I like to watch people's fingers, Chopped Liver. But I do my recordings away from my computer on a
little stand-alone Tascam machine. I'd rather concentrate on my playing instead of worrying
about filming mayself. But maybe, I'll get a camera someday...

No problem! And it makes sense. You want to record so that the sound is the most important aspect. :)

Top Bottom