Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dionisio Aguado-Waltz Lesson 17

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    148

    Default Dionisio Aguado-Waltz Lesson 17

    There are lots of videos with Sam Muir playing classical guitar pieces she has arranged for ukulele on Youtube, but none of this waltz by Dionisio Aguado.
    So it was up to me to fill this void.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bowral NSW AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Welcome to UU Chris That's great playing, and it's very well suited to the ukulele. I also adapted this tune for ukulele from an old guitar transcription a while back, here's a link to the tab https://app.box.com/s/lsyz0gq8uzpkb5y4shzskk83biyaf287
    All the best,
    Campbell


    "Less Talk More Playing"

    YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Thanks for the welcome, for the link and for the compliment!
    You're right, this piece works well on the ukulele.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    7,334

    Default

    Welcome, Chris! Very nice! I really would love to have seen you playing it, though. I love to watch people's fingers and see how they are doing it.

    And thanks, Campbell, for the tab - not that I will be able to play that for a looooong time . . .
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)


    You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

    "Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bowral NSW AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    Welcome, Chris! Very nice! I really would love to have seen you playing it, though. I love to watch people's fingers and see how they are doing it.

    And thanks, Campbell, for the tab - not that I will be able to play that for a looooong time . . .
    No worries Jan, here's my video if you'd like to see the fingering. I have also listed the fingerings in the transcription.

    All the best,
    Campbell


    "Less Talk More Playing"

    YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    7,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camsuke View Post
    No worries Jan, here's my video if you'd like to see the fingering. I have also listed the fingerings in the transcription.

    Thank you!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)


    You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

    "Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Sounds nice, Camsuke! Me too, I should get a bariton one of these days.
    I've noticed that you play the quick third parallels in the second part as slides.
    Picking them in time seemed to me the most difficult part of this piece.
    But, if you execute the slides as smoothly as you do, slides are also fine.

    Me too, I like to watch people's fingers, Chopped Liver. But I do my recordings away from my computer on a
    little stand-alone Tascam machine. I'd rather concentrate on my playing instead of worrying
    about filming mayself. But maybe, I'll get a camera someday...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    7,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisschross View Post
    Sounds nice, Camsuke! Me too, I should get a bariton one of these days.
    I've noticed that you play the quick third parallels in the second part as slides.
    Picking them in time seemed to me the most difficult part of this piece.
    But, if you execute the slides as smoothly as you do, slides are also fine.

    Me too, I like to watch people's fingers, Chopped Liver. But I do my recordings away from my computer on a
    little stand-alone Tascam machine. I'd rather concentrate on my playing instead of worrying
    about filming mayself. But maybe, I'll get a camera someday...
    No problem! And it makes sense. You want to record so that the sound is the most important aspect.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)


    You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

    "Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •